Compact Fluorescents

hi crew, if its at all possible get cools for veggies, the majority of standard cfl's are in the red spec at 3000 kelvins & below (ideal for sidelighting flowering plants

Useing compacts on the side creates bushier growth which gets um ready for hid

regards o2

post-67-1070447988_thumb.jpg

Edited by O2ooL

my cf setup cost $38

$23 for a 250w cf from bunnings like the one posted above by Wilderbud

$5 for the lamp shade from the local sunday market (swap meet)

$10 for the light fitting, bought a broken bed light for half price, was only after the light fitting part.

post-67-1085572762_thumb.jpg

Has anyone tried the new 125 watt and now 200 watt compact fluoro's for flowering?Envirolites or sometimes spelt Envirolights are the name of them and some of the hydro shops here are selling them but they have no feedback on anyone flowering with them. In the 125 watt range they have one specifically for veg and one for flowering ( 2700K ) , they give off 8900 lumens but with virtually no heat so you can have them very close to the plant. I wanted to mount 3 of them in my shade to replace the 400 watt HPS I am using. They are self ballasted and screw into the 40mm lamp holder on my existing HPS. The 200 watter has its own small ballast but I can't find much info on this product.

Has anyone tried these?

Any info much appreciated.

Check the post by Ferengi in your "cheap lighting" topic first.

these bunnings bulbs were equal to 250watts,

where the envirolights are equal to 400watts.

so Different things mate, :blink:

Although I reakon the Bunnings ones are just as good, as I wouldnt grow under a fluro in flower anyways.

My plants have started the third set of leaves and are only a few cm's high... I have one 2' 20w coolwhite globe and one 14w Phillips energy saver fluoro on them.. and I still think that this isnt enough light. I really do not see how anyone can flower MJ properly with fluoros... I saw a place where they sold 400w HPS kits for $85 2nd hand. The globe would do one grow surely.. just buy another lamp after that and you are set. But for near $200 for a 600w kit.. fluoros are just a waste of time unless you are on a budget.. but then, if you are on a budget, use the sun. Cheap good lighting.

http://www.scottandrew.com.au/secondhand/index.htm#pictures

Here is the link for those 2nd hand kits I was talking about. Not bad value I must say. But if you want cf's.. I just picked up a Nelson Lighting 48w cf, equiv of 240w incandescent for $23 from Bunnings, and shes a bright one :blink: Im gonna go get another one today. When I get my HID light, Ill still stick these in the grow room for sidelighting. Pretty good investment I must say.