16/17 outdoor pic dump thread

12/12 started 19/12/16 but 

all plans went out the window with the shyte weather in late Aug , sept , oct

the plan was a perpetual grow/harvest outdoors 

each month , start strains & veg for 2 mths each , then flower them  

then pull harvests each month as they finish  , like 

strain 1 , Jul= seed start & veg , Aug=veg , Sept= flower , Oct= flower & harvest 

strain 2 ,  Aug= seed start & veg ,  Sept=veg  , Oct= flower  , Nov= flower & harvest

strain 3 ,   Sept=seed start & veg ,    Oct= veg     , Nov= flower   , Dec= flower & harvest , ect ect ect 

get the picture

light depping is a big commitment , every morning & every night without fail 

1 plant or 20 = must be consistent in & out ,

if you like living your life , don't do light dep 

beware sativa dom's , i read they can herm in light dep 

info from the Golden Tarp Awards in the US , a light dep canna cup 

My plan is to accquire some clones that have rootset and stick em outside in september/oct. Flower them for 8-9 weeks and then have fresh outdoor chrissie buds for the holidays instead of scraping the bottom of the barrel(literally)for popcorn. Might need to use a bit of light dep for final cpl of weeks but shouldn't be too labour intensive.

• Upvote 1

Nice healthy looking plants Torrie!! I notice that you dont use a cage/fence around your plants. Is that because you don't have roos/wallabies in your area or they arent a problem? Ive lost count of how many of the buggers have "ripped" me off.

Hey Reggie.

So far I haven't needed to use a cage for my plants the past few seasons. There are Roos on the area but aren't interested in Pot plants. But saying that one of the girls in the new patch had a fair few lower branches chewed off so some one has lollipoped it for me.

I really need to set something up to manage the weight of the plants. That was my main drama last season. I think some 8ft wooden stakes and some tie wire should be enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google "spring harvest crew". My sunrise/set times are within range but a warmer start than the o.p of thread.

I put mature veg plants out from mid august and stop once spring equinox hits, harvest as early as mid October up to mid-late November. Works well.

Edited by Swftroml

8f730a45f17b677f3c2b4a5fbb370feb.jpg

Unknown bag seed looks sativa dominant

Sprouted mid sep currently 2 weeks into flower. standing 1250 tall and 750 diameter at the moment and still stretching. Expecting a lot more stretch and a long slow flower considering the seemingly sativa genetics and how long the days are (and still will be for a while.) fed seasol as base nute from Bunnings lol. Also B.A.M cal mag and bio diesel. Just had a mad defol to try eliminate spider mites that have put up one hell of a fight. Pic 2 Jan 1 pre defol and pre planting into ground. 0fefa183ed452bf7eecd9426c3b89357.jpg

Hey Reggie.

So far I haven't needed to use a cage for my plants the past few seasons. There are Roos on the area but aren't interested in Pot plants. But saying that one of the girls in the new patch had a fair few lower branches chewed off so some one has lollipoped it for me.

I really need to set something up to manage the weight of the plants. That was my main drama last season. I think some 8ft wooden stakes and some tie wire should be enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year i ran 2 sites, one with a cage and one without. The one without a cage never got touched, the one with a cage got broken into by something and stripped the lower portion of a couple of plants.

A mate of mine has caught a wallaby on his trail cam getting into his cage and not touching any plants at all, only the weeds around the plants. 

Another mate swears black and blue possums are hell bent on getting into cages and raping plants, reckons they will scale trees that hang over the cage 10m up and drop down. The site of mine that didnt get touched without a cage i caught a possum 10m from my plants on a trail cam. So i dont know, maybe once they get a taste for it or if other natural stuff is getting scarce they will go for them.

This year im running 4 sites and all 4 have cages, cant be as lucky as i was last year and pays to put as many measures in as i can. The day you walk in and your plants are eaten is the day you wish you wish you caged it.

• Upvote 1