Soil amendments for guerilla grow

Lawn clippings that have been composted for a few years are my favourite soil additive. Acidic soil add a little lime or even ash. Basic (eg. clay) soil needs the addition of organic matter to the soil, compost, fruit peels etc. I use this for my flower garden beds. :-)

Mimosa Hostilis is a very good plant for reclaiming poor soils and produces large amounts of humus. Also the root bark has interesting traditional healing applications and ceremonial practice for various South American tribal groups. Unfortunately it takes some time to grow and a few plants are needed to produce enough leaf compost for that number of plants!!!

Water crystals used sparingly with compost at the base of your planting hole will reduce the amount of water you need to carry. I also have used banana peels as they are rich in potassium, phosphorus as well as sugars (microbe food), vitamin's and minerals. 

60 is a crazy number for a grow for just one person in the bush. Water alone is going to be a massive logistical nightmare. If it was me I'd set up 20 litre drums at site and carry a 20 litre refill each time, plus the back pack.

My other advice use a little slow release fertilizer. Preferably something with a naturally occurring plant growth hormone such as Gibberellins, cytokinins, Auxins etc. I'd mix any liquid fertilizers on site so store them some place cool and out of site (use gloves fingerprints). Foliage spraying is a far more effective in terms of water usage, cost and result vs standard liquid fertilizer application. Hope that helps :-).

started growing some lucerne around vege/herb/etc plot, the soil isnt very good there, and ill have plenty of good stuff to make compost out of also.

you also get nitrogen fixing bacteria in the root system with that lucerne , clover is another good one  

not such a bad thing to have a living mulch in ya pot or plot via a cover crop with lucerne clover ect ect 

can only be a good thing having N fixing going on round your canna roots 

yeah, well I thought about it, and the seeds are cheap, and its not like they are hard to sprout! thousands are sticking their heads out of the ground :)

yeah can be a prob outdoors with a cover crop if let go to seed , they just keep on cum'in 

in a pot you try to time it right so the cover crop is at seedling stage when you plant a clone

the clone should out grow the cover crop & shade it out by the time flower starts

another thing you can do with cover crop seeds , apart from plant them , ever made a seed sprout tea 

edit that would be for your plants , not you 

Edited by itchybromusic