Question

Hi everyone,

My partner has been diagnosed with terminal skin cancer and I want to procure some Rick Simpson Oil. It seems the only way to do this is to make it yourself. I'm keen to speak with anyone who's had any experience making the stuff - I'm nervous about doing it myself for numerous reasons. I've read the threads on this site that talk about it, but I have other questions:

1) Regarding ventilation...what's proper? I have a bathroom with fan and a large window - is that OK? (I don't really have access to an open space that wouldn't raise suspicions.)

2) The exact solvent to use -

http://www.jaycar.com.au/p/NA1066#1

Is this OK?

Other questions, too!

Thanks for any help.

yes thats all mostly true, but according to the pointy end , where, apparently, cancer is being cured , 

it MUST be oil  and

it MUST be ingested , or used topically (for skin cancers and the like)

They say smoking it (while most enjoyable) will NOT give the medicinal cell-mutation fighting properties that are needed for more difficult ailments, like cancer.

I read the everything I could find on this , especially at Rick's site

as I had a good friend with a very big tumor on his neck, facing a tough prognosis.

I must say that, while I believe these properties can be utilised, 

its NOT a sure fire thing. . . an inexact science.

Sadly, no amount of ingested oil or buds smoked could save my friend, who had to endure a very very nasty  final period.

I say this, only to provide the balancing view as well.

I hope you find some success with this treatment . . all the best.

Something Ive been grappling with for a while. "What is good medicine?" Smoking adds a euphoria that can be very helpful. One of the hardest things about serious illness is that is really takes it out of you. Cannabis can make you feel a hell of a lot better about everything. What the oil can do for cancer the vapor can do for you mind.

• Upvote 1

It's all medicine as far as im concerned we just haven't learned how to utilise it to it's fullest extent the wonders await.

Sure, it's not a cure all but it is an amazing plant.

As for being an "inexact science" the same can be said for the Chemo drugs that are being pushed and side effects are horrendous.

This is just the beginning, after science grabs hold of cannabis there will be no ceiling 

My partner had a tumor removed from her breast then went to see the Oncologist who said she would have to do Chemo and Radiation, she said thanks but no thanks. On return to see the breast surgeon a prof in his field he asked if she had to do chemo and what not, she told him that she said no and his reply? "Good girl"

that was 9 years ago last year she started on a maintenance dose of around 100mg a night of oil only had enough for 6 months, this year hoping we have enough to get her through the year.

I started taking oil after my shrink said i should try it for ptsd. I have been smoking and vaping and oiling for 2 years now, i dropped my serroquel dose from 500mg a day to 50 and hoping to be off it soon, then i will start on the Cymbalta.

My partner used to have horrible sleep but since using the oil she sleeps very well

I had really itchy Psoriasis before getting on the hooch, now it is totally gone and i tried everything for that shit

So yeah, it's not a cure all but hey it's great for a lot of things`so lets see what science can do now giddy up

The most IMPORTANT thing right now is to get it legalised for EVERYONE as a lot of older people wont take it because its still legal, blindly thinking that the govt has their best interests at heart. My father died over a year ago now and even after being told to go home and die he still wouldnt try it, blows my mind not long after he died i saw the youtube vid of the lady who was told to go home and die, she had stage 4 lung cancer same as dad, she is still alive, i believe it is CRIMINAL that the govt are going to drag their feet on even the smallest changes to the law when there is already a lot and mounting even more everyday.

GIVE US OUR MEDICINE YOU GREEDY POLLIES and that was being nice 

Edited by Jagged
  • Upvote 1

Having a bit of...  ...lets say... "..... first hand experience  ....." here, here is my 10 cents worth

As a medication Canna has merit. It DOES stimulate appetite. It DOES assist with pain management. This has been proven.

Many people report positives with everything from psoriasis to cancer, but this has not been broad based or proven (except for anecdotally)

​I truly believe that for some the benefit has been miraculous, for me, well, not so much. But for me it has been a fantastic part of my pain management tools with me being able to cut the pharma crap in half, my appetite and weight has stabilised, well, I'm not losing it as fast as I was lol 

I have to agree with Jagged in that those Chemo concoctions are nasty poisons. The side effects are just bloody awful And often they'll trial one poison, without success, then trial another with even worse side effects (if that's possible) NASTY.

In my (selfish) view, if any individual obtains a benefit from Canna, proven (by science) or not. Then let them grow it.

Merl1n

• Upvote 3

To Slapfest: I'm definitely not pinning my hopes on this, but it's worth a shot. What pisses me off is that we can't just give it a try without skirting the law! Rubbish...

I feel that marijuana may be a cure for cancer. Either it hasn't been studied and trialed enough to determine this OR it has been and the cure has been suppressed. I would bet on the latter. Yeah, conspiracy nut, etc.

Recently I've had some good news - the ointment that the docs have given my partner to treat the cancer has shown some positive signs. Also, I've got hold of some smelly stuff and intend to make some coconut lotion and some RSO.

Will keep you all posted. Thanks for all your help.

You must do the iso in a really well ventilated place, preferably outside. It's really dangerous if the fumes build up, it can explode. I have only ever done small amounts when cleaning out dab rigs to reclaim wax and oil, but even heating a small amount of it completely choked me with all windows open and exhaust going as well as a fan. I'm not sure about special equipment, best to not get in the fumes at all I think, but someone with more experience may know :)

Outside, or very well ventilated if inside, open windows and under a range hood with the exhaust fan running would probably be okay.  It's not explosively dangerous like butane, but the fumes are very flammable and could be very dangerous if allowed to build up.  Don't stick your head over the top and breathe it in, and if you can smell the alcohol strongly when doing it inside then you might not be ventilating well enough.  Should be fine so long as you keep naked flames away from it.

Personally I do it outside, but would have no problem with doing it in the kitchen with the window open and the hood running if all our kids could just manage to leave the nest. 

• Upvote 1