Earth care powerfeed

Wow thats alot to think about. I know theres no straw round here as its not grown in nz at leaste not in any significant ammount. All our barley is imported. As for stock food we are somewhat limited there as our cattle are all grazed and seldom grain fed. I can get maize and palm kernel is about it for bulk buying. Other things available but at a high price. Im not too fusy about 100% organic but want to steer away from the pure chemical concocts like budzilla etc. Eventually it would be nice todo my own nutes but for now at leaste this grow id rather stick with over counter. I do have chooks and cows so i have alot of fresh manure and am experimenting a bit with this but found it can be too strong. Already killed 1 plant with it so for now will research and try on my tomatoes and chillis untill i have got it right

when using some " aged " cow pats add bokashi grains , will breakdown faster & the lacto in bokashi will help control that release of nutes 

but yeah cow shit is hot , use a tomatoe as a testa always , get a bucket , lid & ferment them with the bokashi just like you would with kitchen scrapes 

grow a nitrogen fixing cover crop , living mulch , each time you cut the tops back they release some of there nitrogen back to the soil as ready available nutes

& that cow's fresh milk is perfect for making your own lactobacillus , just need some white rice & water to start , later the milk & a bit after that molasses

your own lacto is the basis of making your own bokashi (out of newspaper if you like) , ferments , compost activation & feeding your plant for better THC production  

just have to remember all organic nutes most likely have some sort of preservatives due to the fact organic matter breaks down & with out the preservatives the 

bottle produced in the factory would not be the same product you buy & open 6 or 12 mths later 

I bet there's lots of thing round you & some most likely are free cow being one of them , if you do nothing else get some malted barley from a brew store , ask for

pilsner malted barley & grind & use as top dress , your plant will pray to gunja god shiver with in 45min of watering with it , it's all bout plant health   

• Upvote 1

I beleive he meant if they had no preservatives then they would break down too quickly and be stuffed by the time they got from factory to garden rather than powerfeed etc as it is with the preservatives. I would love to get to this level but for now im a little limited as this is going to take some time and studdy to get it right. I would love to pick you brains some time itchy. You seem very knowledgeable on the subject. I must ask what is bokashi? I dont beleive i have heard of this before? If its something i can find then it sounds like a good begining along with the malt.
  • Upvote 1

No worries gents 

does the malted barley impact on taste of the plant at all?.

hehe got me all curious now.

Yes in the sense that it will help protect the plant & increase health 

I beleive he meant if they had no preservatives then they would break down too quickly and be stuffed by the time they got from factory to garden rather than powerfeed etc as it is with the preservatives. I would love to get to this level but for now im a little limited as this is going to take some time and studdy to get it right. I would love to pick you brains some time itchy. You seem very knowledgeable on the subject. I must ask what is bokashi? I dont beleive i have heard of this before? If its something i can find then it sounds like a good begining along with the malt.

Look into No Till growing & probiotic soils , what your trying to achieve is nutrient density though a living soil , & any time

Bokashi composting do a search you'll find heaps & would be surprised if not in NZ

Thanks kiwi. I hope i didnt sound like i know it all before i just didnt read what he wrote properly lol

I do that all the time don't sweat it 

Edited by itchybromusic
  • Upvote 1