Earth care powerfeed

Has anyone used Earth care powerfeed plant food? Where i live in nz we are pretty limited as to what we can find in the way of suitable nutrients. Best we have is a very small range of general fertilisers from bunnings. Im tryna stay away from chemical concoctions and growing in compost-rich soil in 10L pots under hps lights. I found this powerfeed stuff that looks to be about as good as it gets but as we all know appearances can be deceiving. Any thoughts on this product and how it can be best used would be greatpost-57866-0-30437000-1455590552_thumb.jpgpost-57866-0-30437000-1455590552_thumb.jpgpost-57866-0-30437000-1455590552_thumb.jpgpost-57866-0-59956000-1455590828_thumb.jpgpost-57866-0-59956000-1455590828_thumb.jpg

yes you can use the green powerfeed for the vegging (growth) period

then switch to the red powerfeed bottle once you switch to flowering.

I have had great success using both those powerfeed's for a few indoor grows.

The only downside (for me) is the build-up of nutrients (I used coco tho, would not recommend doing that).

You won't (shouldn't) need to use the powerfeed every feed, especially when in flower (YMMV). 

you will need to pay attention to your plants and see how they respond to the feeds, if you have any doubts post a few picts and we here will help you the best we can.

EDIT:

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/67020-indoor-perpetual-mixed-seed-grow/ - that's the grow diary I used powerfeed in,
think somewhere in the mid to late part of the grow I switched to powerfeed.

Luck

Edited by Matanuska Thunder
  • Upvote 2

Awsome to have so much feedback so quickly thanks guys. I will use it for my veg stage then. I dont recall seeing any other powerfeed products there only seasol. Hopefully i can find them or another good alternative. I will monitor closely and report back. Im also brewing in my grow room to increase co2 levels. Will report progress

Hi buddy check my grow out in the outdoor section and torrietrees is in the grow diaries. Both of us are using red powerfeed for veggies in veg. and purple powerfeed which is flowers and fruit mix which ive been using for about a month now. I use mine mixed everytime with some neutrog gogo juice. And i feed every 2nd watering now. Dunno if thats in NZ. If you have bunnings over there they might stock it. Best stuff. There are obviously way better nutrient mixes out there specific to cannabis but i think theyre more for indoors. Good luck bro. Growing is lots of fun.

Awsome to have so much feedback so quickly thanks guys. I will use it for my veg stage then. I dont recall seeing any other powerfeed products there only seasol. Hopefully i can find them or another good alternative. I will monitor closely and report back. Im also brewing in my grow room to increase co2 levels. Will report progress

if it matters to you pretty sure that powerfeed is not organic , organically based i think it says 

you don't have to use bottles of power feed if you don't want too , 

do you have a animal stockfeed near you , do they sell barley straw for bedding in bales

you can use for mulch & feed fungi in the soil at the same time

do they sell lucerne aka alfalfa for a top dress of plenty of N under the barley 

buy some bokashi or make your own , that will work as inoculation in the soil mix & top dress

& get things breaking down faster along with good compost you mentioned , some worm castings would be good 

you can buy corn , barley or alfalfa seed & sprout them , when tap root is as long as the seed blend & mix with water to feed your plants 

you can buy pilsner malted barley from a brew store grind an Oz of that up & top dress , this is the same but better than the zyme products

you can buy , like cannazym $50-60 a bottle , malted barley $5 kg

Think of all the growth promotants / enzymes in a sprouting seed sort of like stem cells , that you feed to adult plants , like mama's milk 

freeze dried coconut water powder , aloe vera powder if you have a need to spend some cash & really spoil your girls  

health food store have lots of herbs like comfrey , nettles , alfalfa ect allot of these herbs are used in biodynamics & living soils , you can always grow your own 

you can ferment allot of your own nutes by using plants you already have round you most likely , you can use just water & alfalfa & bubble for 24hrs for a N hit

& all this stuff will work out way cheaper than those bottles in the long run plus allot more productive & healthier plant  , just an opinion  

good luck & good growin 

• Upvote 2

Wow thats alot to think about. I know theres no straw round here as its not grown in nz at leaste not in any significant ammount. All our barley is imported. As for stock food we are somewhat limited there as our cattle are all grazed and seldom grain fed. I can get maize and palm kernel is about it for bulk buying. Other things available but at a high price. Im not too fusy about 100% organic but want to steer away from the pure chemical concocts like budzilla etc. Eventually it would be nice todo my own nutes but for now at leaste this grow id rather stick with over counter. I do have chooks and cows so i have alot of fresh manure and am experimenting a bit with this but found it can be too strong. Already killed 1 plant with it so for now will research and try on my tomatoes and chillis untill i have got it right