First Grow 9/1/2016

"My 1st outdoor autos were between 2.5-10 grams each, but I'm sure you can beat that."

Challenge Accepted.

Environment: Fun- friendly- loving - outdoors!

Pot mix: Hortico - all purpose, organic base for indoor/ outdoor plants.  (I am guessing by medium we are talking about dirt?)

If you want to keep it simple, which is usually a good idea, potting mix will work, but I would encourage you to get one like Searles Premium for when you pot up, and/or at the very least get a bit of perlite, and maybe a bit of coco, to amend and lighten up the potting mix.  Maybe about 25% coco if you get some, and then mix in perlite at about 30% of the final mix.  You can get both from Bunnings, but you will get better quality from a hydroponics shop or even a nursery.  Other guys here seem to do well using stuff like Seasol to feed, but I'll let them advise on how much and when as I've never used them.

Sun is also good, gives better flavours and a more rounded buzz IMO.  But it does have a couple of drawbacks, first being limited hrs of light, and autos do best with around 18hrs/day, but that's beyond your control.  Other being intense heat during summer, so you have to look after your root zone.  Best way to do this is to bury your pots, or just plant straight in the ground, as the earth is a great insulator.  Next best is big terracotta pots.  You need to be careful with plastic pots above ground in the sun, especially smaller ones, as they can end up with a lot of heat in the root zone sitting out in the sun, and you really want them getting as much direct sun as possible.

Give em a week or 2 to get established while you organise final pots and soil etc, pot up and let them do their thing, and you will beat my 1st attempt so long as you don't overwater.

Best of luck :peace:

If you want to keep it simple, which is usually a good idea, potting mix will work, but I would encourage you to get one like Searles Premium for when you pot up, and/or at the very least get a bit of perlite, and maybe a bit of coco, to amend and lighten up the potting mix.  Maybe about 25% coco if you get some, and then mix in perlite at about 30% of the final mix.  You can get both from Bunnings, but you will get better quality from a hydroponics shop or even a nursery.  Other guys here seem to do well using stuff like Seasol to feed, but I'll let them advise on how much and when as I've never used them.

Sun is also good, gives better flavours and a more rounded buzz IMO.  But it does have a couple of drawbacks, first being limited hrs of light, and autos do best with around 18hrs/day, but that's beyond your control.  Other being intense heat during summer, so you have to look after your root zone.  Best way to do this is to bury your pots, or just plant straight in the ground, as the earth is a great insulator.  Next best is big terracotta pots.  You need to be careful with plastic pots above ground in the sun, especially smaller ones, as they can end up with a lot of heat in the root zone sitting out in the sun, and you really want them getting as much direct sun as possible.

Give em a week or 2 to get established while you organise final pots and soil etc, pot up and let them do their thing, and you will beat my 1st attempt so long as you don't overwater.

Best of luck :peace:

Thanks,

We had a slight set back with them today,... but Jane has recovered, think Tree is a goner though.

We are going away for a few days soon, super excited to see the difference when we get back..