Long term storage

I never thought I'd say that but I have way too much bud atm :) I had one plant in the back yard and it gave me approx. 21oz of weed. Now 21oz is a helluva lot of stuff to keep around and under normal conditions would last me well over a year but can I keep it that long?

I've read about vaccupacking and keeping it in the freezer for up to a year without degradation but wouldn't it have to be 100% dry before it can get anywhere near a freezer? A little moisture will cause it to actually freeze and the cells of the plant material to break down and it would all get yucky mush when taken out and defrosted again.

At this point I keep it all in mason jars and large ZipLock bags with as little air in them as possible in a dark place.

It's all strictly for personal use and I don't intend to sell any of it. But how?

How do you keep large amounts of weed? And for how long?

Cheers

I'm trying a technique this season that I only heard of recently.

The idea is to monitor the relative humidity of the dried product during the burping stage. I used a plastic storage tubs

When the rising of humidity slows and doesn't exceed 1% per hour it can be sealed for extended periods. Apparently between 55% - 60% is ideal.

I can't vouch for this in terms of super long term storage .. But they're feeling good - bouncy but dry. Definatly better than average.

I too have been pondering such storage issues and came across these in my research, which I am seriously considering for my best buds.  I'd probably do it for all my weed if money was no object.

Now THAT looks interesting. Having a couple of these around would be handy.

Found an Aussie website selling them.

http://www.australianvaporizers.com.au/store/vaporizer-accessories/storage/herb-containers.html?p=3

Maybe I'll treat myself to one. I'll see :)

Even better...  EDIT has the 3L for $41.54 USD which is approx $55 AUD and free site wide, world wide delivery as 420 special from now until 20/4.  That makes this very good value, but they only have the 3L in stock.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/freshstor-cvault-storage-tin.cfm

compared to $60.95 plus postage for the 3L at Australian Vaporisers.

For over ten years now I have been using a gadget called Pump-n-Seal which I got from the US (http://www.pump-n-seal.com/). It reuses glass jars (pasta sauce jars are the best). It is hardly high tech but seems to get the job done. Trouble is you end up with a lot of jars!

I have now got a cheap vacuum (bag) sealer which I'm just beginning to play with.

You don't want to get too carried away with vacuum sealing else you will end up with a hard brick.