First time grow set up advice..250w or 400w for a 0.6 x 0.6 space?

I use cob led no heat

LED sounds ideal, but I honestly have no idea where to start with them :wacko:  I'm a bit scared to buy the wrong LED light as I've read that there are a lot of crappy LED grow light products out there.

How's it working out for you? Do you have a brand that you recommend?

Just like everyone else ,new to it , but most of it is coming out of China and even the yanks are hating it lol , you have to watch the weight of them for save hanging , cob are light weight and I have seen them at 500w chips mine is a 4x100w@3w.

So I can't wait for that upgrade to 2000w. And at 3.5kgs I can hang it off a clothes hanger.

This is my first grow and got the light of the bay cheap it is the latest tech but being a cob I am looking for the 2 switch option in led you guessed it veg and bloom as using just the veg light only during veg then adding the 2nd switch of bloom leds seems to be the solution for easy home setup but 5w chips and 200 leds is needed making 1000watts .

Plus leds are rays not light and penetrate to the lower parts making those dregs fill kegs.

Low heat and the cobs you can replace the globes easier just don't forget your heat sink paste and if your going to those 200 300 500 w check the units power supply rating to see if can handle the draw basic computer tech really.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/15/25bc667d3ecd86efe66e3de8ef285cf6.jpg

400w is ok for 1x1m.  As for globes with the digi ballast, I've heard reports of issues with non digi specific globes so I got a digi Gavita globe from memory, but I have used a Phillips Son-T PIA with it as well, but only in veg.  Price difference is negligible, so probably worth getting a digi specific globe.

There's plenty of LED lovers out there who will insist that they are better than HPS, they are not.  They are the best option for some people and some situations, but they simply will not return the bud density and yield of a HPS light, and there have been instances of some LED's causing problems.  Please note LED lovers, before you take over this post and start flaming me, that I did state that they are the best for some people and situations.

I decided to go with the 600/400/250W Lumatek Dig Ballast  :egyptdance: Figured it would give me more flexibility being able to turn it down to 250 and up to 600 in a 1mx1mx2m grow space.

Have you guys tried using those fabric geo-pots? I heard those are really good but can't say from experience! What kind of pots do you guys use?

I was thinking of going with a 50:50 Cal/Mag Buffered Coco : Perlite mix for the medium. I heard the Cal & Mag is good for the initial root growth. and Coco & Perlite is a good combo for drainage(wet/dry cycle).

For autos, as they go straight into flowering, do you still need veg nutes? Debating between the CANNA Terra Flores and Flora Bloom... :give_rose:

Been looking around trying to figure out what nutes would work best for an Autoflower...

I see a lot of people on here recommending Nitrosol & Seasol as you can buy these at Bunnings. 

Any thoughts on the CANNA Terra Flores or Flora Trio series? I'm guessing you can only get these at the hydro stores. 

Hey Ford, I just took at look at your dow griary, freaking awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

For a 1m x 1m x 2m space, I think 400W is about right..or the minimum(?)..but is 600W too much? I'm a total noob so please excuse my ignorance  :x

I got a digital for the same reasons - being able to dim the lights. 

My tents a little smaller then yours - 0.8x0.8x1.8h - and I can run a 600w in there. 

What matters is how much heat is provided by the lights and if you can get rid of that heat enough. 

Take at look at mine and others grow diaries for how the setup is done.

I think what may matter most is the tents location - mine is in a shed outdoors - so I have to deal with cold temps since its winter.

If it were inside I'd be dealing with a way to get that heat out and fresh air in.  

but its a guide only - for my tent it says max is 414w - but I can run 600w in there no problems ;)

Testing - lots of testing your setup   ;)

Thanks for the advice! I'm going with a 600w hps in a 1x1x2 space. Just need to pick out the medium and figure out the nutes...and I'm ready to go  :yahoo:

Is a Coco:Perlite medium considered a soiless medium? All these different nutes have got me confused...are hydroponic nutes like the General Hydroponic trio and Canna Terra suitable for a soil (coco:perlite) medium?