Coco Nutrient Q?

There is no such thing as one size fits all, theres no doubt you can grow with non-specific fertiliser in coco and get decent results. However it will never compare to a fertiliser made specifically for coco.

How can 1 nutrient buffer for coco at 5.8, peat moss at 6.0, soil at 6.5  ? - this is just the tip of the iceberg

I have heard many contend on forums that coco specific nutrients are not required to produce bumper yields in coir. To them, all I can say is all the power to you. If you are getting great results from using non-specific coco nutrients then this, moreso than anything demonstrates the nutritional tolerance of the plant. However, I would also ask, what measurements have you made against a high quality coco specific nutrient versus a standard nutrient and have you run side-by-side trials in order to correctly measure your claims? I.e. have you conducted qualitative, comparative analysis between coco specific and non-coco specific nutrients)?

Back to the original discussion, if you want a 1 part (coco specific) nutrient then you should look at this. 1 part nutrient technology has come a long long way: http://www.cxhydroponics.net/products/hydroponic-nutrients

• Upvote 1

I can't see the problem in putting equal amounts into a container with water, its not rocket science. I've been using canna coco at low doses, 8 on the truncheon and been getting great results.. I don't use any other additives other than mico gold.

and i fully agree: How can 1 nutrient buffer for coco at 5.8, peat moss at 6.0, soil at 6.5  ? - this is just the tip of the iceberg

Edited by hermananian

ive done a few grows on OSA over the last 11 years ive been a member and in the last 8 years or so i have only ever used coco without any problems with using the nutrient below

http://www.dutchmaster.com.au/?language=english&page=product&product=ADVANCE

dutch master now states there original hydroponic Advance nutrient is compatible with any grow medium's including coco if this wasnt the case they would be sued

Sued??? Lmao ah i dont think any one will be suing anyone. Dope growers dont tend to wan to involve the law in those sort of matter lmao. And legit commercial growers dont use ditch master advance.

And at the moemnt i dont know of any 1 part Nute that is coco specific. the best might be the organic based 1 parts like GreenDream or Groteks Solotek. In saying that the coco specific Nutes by NF, Canna, HG ETc are two part but its just those two, there is no veg and no flower nutes, you just use the same A+B all the way through, easy peasy

ok its been what 6 weeks? im getting no where but majorly pissed! i ditched the Xtreme nutrients shortly after buying them and went with Nutrifields Coco nutrients now i have Magnesium deficiency and the other day i was in the same hydro shop where i took the long way around to the counter low and behold they had a stand full of Dutch Master products they dont want people seeing if they had sold me this brand in the first place i would have been sailing the sea i think i wont be returning to this shop :/

ill be using the site sponsor i think from here on in

the guy at the shop i went to said Dutch Master wont be around for long true or what? ive never had any problems using DM in previous years, actually there Advance nutrient fixed up a Mag lock out once previously for me