Coco Nutrient Q?

hey guys

ive previously used Dutch Master Advanced and Canna Coco nutrients for a coco grow im looking for something more simplified than a 2 part nutrient, have u guys came across any decent 1 part nutrient/fertalizers from bunnings to use in coco? if so will i need a veg and bloom or is there an alrounder?

what are your results compaired to using hydroponic nutrients?

cheers

just picked up some nutrients guys thanks for the replies, the shop tried there best to avoid selling me Dutch Master the bloke said they were sold out but the young lad came walking around the corner with a 5L bottle as they have Dutch Master stashed kind of pissed and ended up buying some Xtreme nutrient im not happy about changing brands

im going to search this nutrient now to see if its any good for coco

Bentato thanks mate, in the early days of coco u use to need a coco specific nutrient but ive found these days the nutrient manufacturers have adopted nutrient for soil and hydoponics including coco so now u dont need brand specific coco nutrients as it all contains the extra addatives that the coco its self doesnt have

i absolutely loved Dutch Master Advance for coco that was good shit back in the day and the cheapest on the market

Canna coco gave me some fucking whopper buds but i didnt like the complicated mixing ratios as it varies as the grow goes along or thats how it was

this Xtreme nutrient says its for soil or hydroponics so i should be ok and get by without getting any deficiencies

Bentato thanks mate, in the early days of coco u use to need a coco specific nutrient but ive found these days the nutrient manufacturers have adopted nutrient for soil and hydoponics including coco so now u dont need brand specific coco nutrients as it all contains the extra addatives that the coco its self doesnt have

Read the link i posted. If you did then you would realise that what you said is completely untrue. There is no and probably will never be a one sized fits all nutrient for coco. Do yourself a favour and read the link, its filled full of TONS of useful coco info backed up by science; Including why you need a coco specific nutrient. Its also written by the guy who wrote the Integral Hydro book which is considered the bible of home grown hydroponics here in Australia. Coco is not an inert media and should not be treated like one.

Its not about additives at all, its about having the right NPK and trace mineral ratios to compliment the coco. 

Here is just a snippet of the article which goes into much more detail:

We have seen that coco substrate contains naturally occurring levels of potassium (K) and therefore a nutrient formulated for coir will have lower potassium (K) levels than a standard nutrient. Other than this we have also seen that coir naturally contains sulphates and therefore a nutrient developed for coir would contain less S than a standard nutrient (or so this should be the case – at least one “hydro” manufacturer has been known to pass off standard nutrients labelled as coco formulations). Other than this potassium competes with magnesium and calcium and therefore both magnesium and calcium levels have been raised in this formulation to compensate for natural potassium levels within the media. Additionally, due to the cation exchange properties of coir, some calcium is immobilized (held) and higher levels of Ca are required in formulation (along with Ca Mg buffering prior to use).

Edited by Bentato

Read the link i posted. If you did then you would realise that what you said is completely untrue. There is no and probably will never be a one sized fits all nutrient for coco. Do yourself a favour and read the link, its filled full of TONS of useful coco info backed up by science; Including why you need a coco specific nutrient. Its also written by the guy who wrote the Integral Hydro book which is considered the bible of home grown hydroponics here in Australia. Coco is not an inert media and should not be treated like one.

Its not about additives at all, its about having the right NPK and trace mineral ratios to compliment the coco. 

Here is just a snippet of the article which goes into much more detail:

ive done a few grows on OSA over the last 11 years ive been a member and in the last 8 years or so i have only ever used coco without any problems with using the nutrient below

http://www.dutchmaster.com.au/?language=english&page=product&product=ADVANCE

dutch master now states there original hydroponic Advance nutrient is compatible with any grow medium's including coco if this wasnt the case they would be sued