Coco Nutrient Q?

seems to be bad growing on my behalf i have only been checking and adjusting the PH of whats going in not whats coming out, i checked one was 7.5 run off so i made up some 4.5 and flushed with that untill the PH of the run off was 5.8 so i think this is why i have the magnesium deficiency anyhow i changed back to dutch master which is loaded with extra magnesium and other sorts of goodies plus im adding rhizotonic now so should be set

each watering here on i will check the run off and adjust PH that way

im on track now my clones are looking excellent, 6 weeks veg using Xtreme and NF Coco nutrients was nothing but a pain in the ass i switched to Dutch Master Advance ive had more growth in 3 days than 6 weeks no shit! ill post pictures when i get around to it of the before and after, finally glad they are growing now

the brunnings coco bricks are well matched with dutch master advance

nf coco would probably work well if i was using there coco which is buffered

no point measuring the run off of coco as it is not indicative of the ph of the root zone. It is best using ph adjusted coco before hand, if you must check the ph of the coco youll need to dig a wedge up of the root zone and measure it with a soil ph test kit from bunnings

I will go into this good advice a little further so that you understand why you cannot measure the ph of the runoff. When you pour nutrient solution through the coco, the coco will absorb some ions while releasing others. By the time the nutrient feed gets to the bottom of the pot and runs out the bottom the nutrient profile on the runoff is vastly different to the nutrient profile held by the coco, given that the nutrient profile and the ph are highly intertwined the ph of the runoff will tell you very very little about what is going on inside the medium.

• Upvote 2

yeah i have read how to take the sample from the pot but than where do u take the sample from top,middle,bottom, inner, outer? so many variations

ive never had a problem using the Dutch Master Advance this is what i went to buy from the start and got sold all sorts of shit and i was pissed all along this one hydro shop had what i wanted but hidden in the factory so basicly i stuck my finger up my ass and screwed around for 6 weeks

this shop has lost my business and Hydro Expert gained another customer first class service!

im on track now my clones are looking excellent, 6 weeks veg using Xtreme and NF Coco nutrients was nothing but a pain in the ass i switched to Dutch Master Advance ive had more growth in 3 days than 6 weeks no shit! ill post pictures when i get around to it of the before and after, finally glad they are growing now

the brunnings coco bricks are well matched with dutch master advance

nf coco would probably work well if i was using there coco which is buffered

What coco are you using??

I agree with Frank, brunnings coco is shit. I don't understand why if you went to a hydro shop to buy nutes you then also didn't buy rhp buffered coco there too? Any coco that is Rhp stamped is quality. NF coco is all good stuff and they also make one with perlite in it too if thats what you like. NF make quality stuff man ( cant comment about extreme though I've never used that one before) . Those pics look like over feeding/ high salt damage to me. Wat are you measuring your ec with? And are you calibrating it? And if it's a truncheon are you checking its accuracy with 2.76 buffer? All the best though man , if your happy with the Dutch master and it's working then happy days, but I would keep a bottle of cal mag handy.

I grew a 520 gm Bubba Kush in a 13.5 litre pot using  GT Optimum  (not coco specific) in bunnings coco... just saying 

Your plant looks nute burn to me, How are u measuring your EC and wat ec are you running  plants that size should probably be on about .8ec building up to about 1.2 through veg. and possibly up to about 1.5 in full bloom