Hydro shop etiquette

Becoming a bit more careful these days as well. Need to buy some bags of perlite and vermiculite soon. Park the car in the hydro shop car park or be seen walking 200m down the road to my car with a 100L bag of each tucked under each arm?!

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

My go to bunnings... about 700km away only has 5L bags of vermiculite for about 8 bucks, but 100L bags of perlite for $25 or so... me and the wife turned a 5 minute trip to get vege garden seeds (right next to hydroponic section) into a half hour game of spot the stoner as there were about a dozen different people who came in that time that were easily picked as canna growers.
  • Upvote 1

U guys r 2 paranoid, bag of perlite n a bad vermiculite, yep that bloke must be growing pot

Do u know how ridiculous that sounds,no 1 gives a fuck what u got under your as long as it's not a gun or bomb

Only criminals buy stuff from hydro shops,again how ridiculous does that sound

Oh that guy came out of a hydro shop,fuck he must be a marijuana grow king pin,again ridiculous

Sorry ,forgot Bunnings,all those ppl in the hydro section,watch out they grow pot look they brought coco cure?

Cone on guys let's be serious,u r not that important, you go around and start to act like criminals, trying to conceal what u r buying,now that does look suss

Go about your business as normal n you'll just be 1 of the crowd,start this espionage shit n u will get done

• Upvote 3

My go to bunnings... about 700km away only has 5L bags of vermiculite for about 8 bucks, but 100L bags of perlite for $25 or so... me and the wife turned a 5 minute trip to get vege garden seeds (right next to hydroponic section) into a half hour game of spot the stoner as there were about a dozen different people who came in that time that were easily picked as canna growers.

Bullshit, sorry but that's again ridiculous, obviously can growers

Sounds like everyone is WA is growing

I would doubt very much that many ppl in the same room growing?

Really?

• Upvote 1

Bullshit, sorry but that's again ridiculous, obviously can growers

Sounds like everyone is WA is growing

I would doubt very much that many ppl in the same room growing?

Really?

Really mate. Perhaps someone can verify the reputation of the Gero dero... to the best of my knowledge there is no hydro shop in Geraldton, very little alternative to Bunnings. Plenty of people growing in Geraldton and surrounding areas. I know of 7 and I've never lived there. Dongara has a huge reputation for it. A Geraldton magistrate was in the news a while back after several people done for growing used the medical necessity defence. She said we should be lobbying MPs for easier medical access rather than taking the law into our own hands.

• Upvote 1

I got a pretty cool hydro shop guy I text for prices and things . We have a chat and he knows what I’m talking about I just don’t say it out loud .... when I say my flowers are getting dense he doesn’t think roses that’s for sure ......

I agree with Pedro I just walk in buy my stuff, I even use my bank card. Walk it straight to my Ute and throw it in and on my way .

With regards to Bunnings yep I know this started as an old thread and now I presume every Bunnings does it ? But def in Perth my local sells canna veges and Flores and some others ....

Papa or anyone else using coco (not serrated edge lol) - do use the brunnings coco bricks from Bunnings and do u flush them before u use them ? Found buying the bags gets bloody expensive compared to bricks

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

I got a pretty cool hydro shop guy I text for prices and things . We have a chat and he knows what I’m talking about I just don’t say it out loud .... when I say my flowers are getting dense he doesn’t think roses that’s for sure ......

I agree with Pedro I just walk in buy my stuff, I even use my bank card. Walk it straight to my Ute and throw it in and on my way .

With regards to Bunnings yep I know this started as an old thread and now I presume every Bunnings does it ? But def in Perth my local sells canna veges and Flores and some others ....

Papa or anyone else using coco (not serrated edge lol) - do use the brunnings coco bricks from Bunnings and do u flush them before u use them ? Found buying the bags gets bloody expensive compared to bricks

Hey jim, I have used the coco blocks in the past. Yeah you should flush them pretty well, until run off is clear. I found best way was putting the coco block in one if those fabric shopping bags, then into a bucket. Can fill the bucket up, let sit for a while then pull the shopping bag out and drain. Or just hang the bag over a tap and let it run

Thanks sooty ! I’ll try that over the Easter weekend last time I didn’t flush a brick I used and maybe my seedlings were too delicate or I put them under the hps too early but they all died about 4 of them so never used it again !

Cheers