Hydro shop etiquette

so i take it its ok to throw abuse at me for no fucking reason iv reported it and mods aint doing shit so can i throw abuse back no im to smart for that. so i take it you can do what you like when you are 420 what a load of shit.

My response was to politely ask that ppl keep it on track which includes not slinging shit at each other. I don't think anything bad enough happened for me to start dishing out virtual spankings.

I try to avoid most chit chat at the hydro shop, part of that would be that I'm a very private person. Another part of that is I often mention Oz Stoners to the ppl that work there and it wouldn't be hard to put 2 and 2 together with a few pieces of info and work out who I am.

Naycha :peace:

• Upvote 2

Was hoping this wasn't going to be one of "those" forums but apparently to good to be true.

We are a community, and like any community we have our ups and downs and disagreements. There is plenty to be learned here (including how not to behave), and plenty of fun to be had. It would be great if we were perfect at all times but it's just not realistic. No doubt many of us (if not all) could improve in some way/s or another and that's what life is all about really.

Hoping you'll stay around and help this community become what it should be.

Naycha :peace:

Yes, unfortunately these things do happen. And again, I apologise to the staff here AND the OP.

It was not my intent to feed a troll, but I'm not very tolerant of being told I'm being rude when I was expressing curiosity.

I've always been very cynical and my eight odd years here have not changed that fact.

If I'd been asked as to the context of my comment instead of being accused of bs, I know this thread would have taken a different path.

Oh well. :unknw:

So, moving right along....

When going to a hydro shop, it is ultimately up to you if you talk to anyone there, but the wise consensus is not to. And honestly, given that growing canna is an illegal activity and there are no anti entrapment laws in Australia, would you want to take the risk?

Of course, be friendly and polite though. You're more likely to get a few freebies if you do shoot the shit a lil. ;)

*snip* ...On a similar note, I noticed Bunnings have a few of the big name nutes now like Canna, Dutch Master and Ozi.

I'm curious to know what region of Australia the Bunnings is that you saw nutes stocked in.

I remember them having the Growth Technology brand for a short time some years ago.

They used to stock Eco Aminogro until a couple of years ago. :( It's one of my MUST have products. And GoGo Juice is AWESOME!

:freak:

Lenny

Having never visited a hydro shop, just wondering what the go is in general with discussing what you are growing? Can you openly discuss what you want to grow or do you discuss growing tomatoes or what? Obviously coming from the point of view of someone who has never been in the shop before.

No comment

in most hydro shops its just assumed and never spoken about, you will soon judge if your hydro shop guy is cool or not.

As for purchasing from Bunnings....If there was a hydro shop avaiable to me I would never support  those multi national corporate dogs. And In my experaince the staff are complete gronks with no real experaince or knowledge at all.

Im sure theres some out there that are good but try asking one about dealing with deficiencies  in coco or some thing else easy and see the blank stare you get.\

I really hate the way Coles(owned by westfarmers ..who own bunnings) and woolies have a stragle grip on so much in this country .

The guy at my hydro shop really knows his stuff and is always willing to help correct any dramas.. and he never ever trys to sell me shit. The amount of times of just gone in to have my ph pens checked and calibrated and just run a problem by him (been going for years though) , its never a hassle..  and he never mentions cannabis ever.

• Upvote 1