Integral Hydroponics, G. Low

Chev

Right now Integral Hydroponics is being copied and sold by someone else - probably individuals from South Australia. In the next few weeks I intend to give it away free via the net as a PDF download (permanently) for anyone who is interested. I'll post a thread that links to it. Sorry you didn't enjoy the book Luke - no offence taken. I did my best to write it with integrity and to discuss science, not opinions and I attempted to open doors and not shut them. Too often people say this is the way to do it. This is the way to do it. I attempted to talk about the theory behind it and spoke about my favoured method but in doing so said that this is my favoured method and there are many methods - further I talked about these methods and gave times, system choices etc. BTW: No sales pitching because after drawing massive heat for writing the book it is no longer being printed by myself and I instead intend to give it away. A word of caution - on the web you can maintain some anonymity - publish and that may not be the case. Just a caution. Do you want to be a shining light - put your head above the trenches - in a field that tends to draw unwanted attention. My advice and my advice only. If I had it all to do over again I would have made some very different choices. One being not to become involved with the hydroponics industry and 2 being to have never written Integral Hydroponics. I had a lot to learn in those days and learn I did. Try not to make the same mistakes.

Glow

gman the book was excellent as a beginners tool and the information was presented in a straighforward and efficient manner. One criticism I sometimes have of Luke's posts is that he often clouds the simple point he is trying to make by an overly detailed and convoluted explanation. Now if you take the time to read his posts properly, you'll get the right info, but to a newbie it may be hard to separate the important points from the mental masturbation that its served up with.

Sorry to hear the book wasn't a success, but if you made it available on the net via PDF it would certianly be a great resource IMO.

cheers,

pipe ;)

Edited by pipeman

Thanks pipeman. No IH, was very successful for some time and still selling strong (only I am not selling it - someone else is). I sort of reason that with all the bad karma it has attracted - and the fact that the karma is now so bad that another party is copying it - it is time to give it away. Luke, I will admit also that I myself attracted some bad karma. There's a saying in academia - publish or perish. I've learnt that in the hydro industry that (maybe) should be corrected to publish and perish or no good deed goes unpunished (the latter being tongue in cheek). Cheers folks.

All the best and so long (link coming soon)

G

;) hello G man. ;)

well done on the Book i find it most valuable somewhat of a bible in times of stress. Was very relivent to me growing in coco and not alot of info out there on coco growing at time of need. I cant fault your book but no expert at anything, has saved me years of of hands on learning all there in one book readable by beginner through master. With no use with first edition i passed this copy onto a mate doing his horticulture cert, at the time they where growing veg in several types of soil one being coco so he would have picked up something from it.

When i first bought my set up the first edition was thrown in for minimal cost and was told to basicly follow your directions in setting the room and then following the day to day guide. Was a success following those directions its hard to go wrong but did find 20% waste was alittle too much in early weeks and final weeks.

Only thing id like to ask is/do you have a web site every time i try the link addy on book i get a page with little info is there another i could use. There are a few referances to the Site/page for comming info on Friendkies and Hormones two subjects i need to learn more of.

THankyou and Keep that info comming.

THC

SCP

Edited by thc24

No sorry thc24, the website was pulled down some time again. Thanks, and I'm very happy the book helped you.

I'll be avoiding providing grow info from here on in. Let's just say that 3 years of having feds all over me was enough. I have left Australia now and live elsewhere. My last contribution to the community will be to give the book away.

Go well and all the best

G

PS. I think I recommend 10% with intermittent flushing and note that in Ag they run 30% to avoid salt buildup in Ed 2. re feeds in RTW.

well that must really suck having that dirty bacon smell following you where ever you go.

Are you sure its got to the point where you have to let the book loose into the world of internet. Wd and will help even more as time passes.

It supprised me when i realise parts or quotes of your books where popping up here and there in AUS and overseas. maby theres a market outside of OZ .

Thanks

Gman my bad yep 10% rtw i think at some stage i was running ar 20% was way too wet with 100% coco. Regarding Web page i thought so as id only ben there once or twice but both times wasnt much there.

Goodluck with further ventures..

Edited by thc24

Yep, it definitely wasn't the best. Still, I'm really enjoying my new life so it turned out just fine. It's the most twisted irony of all that certain people seemed to begrudge me selling IH but then they didn't get that it cost me far more money than I ever made from it. I lost my house, my partner of 10 years etc. So respect guys, but nothing good can come from me continuing with IH. Now, criminals are copying it and selling it. It's a bizarre and twisted tale.... Never has one book caused so much drama.

Hey thanks- it nice to get some positive stuff though.

IH is being sold in Israel (in hebrew) where an ex customer copied it (stole it) and named his store Integral Hydroponics (and Hydropanica). It is sold in the US, Canada, Britain, Ireland, Whales, Scotland, New Zealand, Holland and elsewhere. The strange thing is that I am not printing it, so there is the dilemma. Look it's very complex but I simply wrote the wrong book for the wrong industry at the wrong time.

Hey, how would you guys like to put it up here as a PDF?? Drop me a PM and we can talk. I would like to make it as widely available as possible through sites. I don't want people supporting criminals with something I wrote and that is what it comes down to for me. Let's remove the profits from reproducing it all together and spread the word so people know that they don't have to pay for it.

Thanks guys