MycoGold, a better mycrorrhiza product ?

Thanks' all for the info !

After reading the previous posts I am now going to add Gnatrol WDG to my additive shelf.

Together with the MycoGold, my girls rootzones should be happy, healthy places.... lol

Chemical control is a last resort for me.

It has a high concentration of active ingredients compared to some of the other products I have managed to find.

Active Ingredient:
Bacillus thuringiensis, subsp. israelensis, strain AM 65-52 fermentation solids and solubles . . . . . ...... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  37.4%
Other Ingredients . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .    62.6%
Total . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  100.0

All of the BTi products that I could find are a little pricey but with a higher concentration of Bacillus, lower usage would be needed to control gnat larvae.

• Upvote 1

I had gnats, well at least enough to see one or two buzzing about when i opened the tent and I haven't seen a single one in six days.  I think it took just a week for the beneficial bacteria to kick in enough to stop them as I've looked for them and its like they were never even there.  Considering how much gnats love coco and I saw a few which means there were probably many more lurking about I gotta say that I'm very impressed with mycoapply maxx.  Plants love it, buga hate it and its pretty cheap too.  I wish all hydro shops stocked it.

• Upvote 1

I found the same thing last season. Gnats started increasing over a period of a few weeks, then I applied some MycoApply and within 5 days they were all gone. I did reapplication every 5 day for three or so weeks to break the cycle. Gnatrol works too, but MycoApply is more beneficial due to the mycorrhizas in it. I've never seen MycoApply in a hydro shop, only order it direct from the website. But no qualms with that, I find it convenient.

Myco max doesn't contain Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis, , if you order 5kg + though you can get it added. Looking at easily $280+ for this ! Ouch.

I am currently trying to find an Aussie supplier of Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis at the moment to help me with my small gnat issue. Currently I am using neem drench on the larvae and pyrethrum on the adults, but I would also like to wage biological warefare with them too as well as using the bacteria as a further preventative.

Bactivate sounds like a good product, shame about the minimum purchase size !

If anyone finds any products containing BTi let us know the product name and please provide a link, my search will continue again tonight. Those cheap tablets look interesting I will have to track them down and have a look at their ingredients - any chance of a link?

• Upvote 1

MycoGold does not contain BTi either.

I gave up on looking locally for BTi products.

What i managed to find was not available at the price or quantities I wanted.

You can purchase Gnatoff, Gnatrol, mosquito dunks or bits in varying quantities and prices from ebay

The BTi contained in each product varies. 1/2lb of Gnatrol cost me just over $50 delivered :greedy: 

• Upvote 1

Hi OzStoners :peace:

I just thought I would bump this thread for a tick to ask a few questions if yas don't mind ;)

...but first,

I've just ordered the Mycoapply Maxx from MAI Australia. 500g $49.70 delivered.

Looking forward to adding it to my kids' feed.

I just received mine today-sent $ Sunday night dd. I am impressed with their service for sure :good:  (...just like OzBongs ;) )

My question concerns the application rates for the mycoApply maxx users.  (really, I'm trying to get out of maths lol )

Got the label and understand it and I'm thinking which way to innoculate(?) my 8L pots of coco/perlite and 17ish L pots of soil.

Would you sprinkle over the medium and water in with scheduled waterings?  What kind of amounts?

Is it able to be dissolved IN the nutrient mix?  if so, I wouldn't know correct amounts and if other nutrients/additives would be antagonistic toward the fungus? Would it alter ph?   ( kinda is it going to shift my 5.8-6 or should I ph after)

Should I apply to the clones i took on the w/end lol ? (they look strong enough but I don't think they're rooted yet)

they'll need some nourishment tonight and I'd like to get these in the coco before flowering really ramps up....I just thought of that as well,  I think I've read somewhere I should only until about halfway through flower.  Will/has it affected flowering?

Got a minute? How do you apply myco Apply? 

Peace and good growing. f :sun:

Hey mate,

I innoculate my media by mixing shit loads in with it pre planting. I then dig a trench and apply a little bit around the top of the pots some time in flowering and water in.

as with cuttings I always sprinkle some of that great powder in the holes :D

I don't use it in my nute mix, I would not recommend keeping it in a res unless you can keep em well fed

Edited by Frank Reynolds