MycoGold, a better mycrorrhiza product ?

MycoGold

I am currently trialing this on my grow, never tried any of these types of products before.

From what I have read about these types of products it can only be of a benefit. It is compatible with most plant types and hemp is on the list.

I know there are other products out there like great white, piranha, ect.

Key Benefits

• Decades of research into beneficial mycorrhizal use in agriculture crops.

• Contains endomycorrhiza and ectomycorrhiza for board spectrum crop species support. 95% of all crops/plants are compatible (list at end).

• Contains trichoderma which has a wide range of benefits.

• Fine 250 micrometer powder for rapid uptake.

• Use less fertiliser

• Drought resistance

• Improve soil condition

• Disease protection

• Better plant health

• Sequester carbon

• Bigger root growth

• Improves uptake of nutrients

• Economical to use

Unlike other similar products that could of been on the shelf for an unknown amount of time reducing the amount of live or active microbes, this product was very fresh and is made in Australia.

I had to wait for over a week as a fresh batch was being made and then for quality control checks.

As they make their own and do not shelve it for very long, it should always be pretty fresh.

Do you think these make much of a difference to your grow ?

FIRE AWAY !

• Upvote 1

Sounds good, tell us the price son.

Naycha :peace:

It is $29.95/200g which should be plenty.

These types of products have a shelf life of around 12 + months, something most others neglect to mention, depending on how you store them. Unless you use it elsewhere anymore would be a waste.

They also sell a few other useful products and a Multi-Kelp that I have also just started to use.

Here is their product page

http://www.biostim.com.au/sustainable-agriculture.html

• Upvote 1

I think trichoderma is a must for any coco grower as a preventative for gnats!!!

Sounds like a good product!

i believe your mistaking trichoderma for bacillus thuringiensis

trichoderma is a type of fungus it colonises the rootzone and has a double purpose

1- it protects the plant against other fungal infections

2- it tricks the plant into thinking it is under attack and increases the plants immune response which makes the plant hardier against all other pests and infections

i would highly recommend using this in conjunction with bactivate

Edited by forgetiwashere

i believe your mistaking trichoderma for bacillus thuringiensis

trichoderma is a type of fungus it colonises the rootzone and has a double purpose

1- it protects the plant against other fungal infections

2- it tricks the plant into thinking it is under attack and increases the plants immune response which makes the plant hardier against all other pests and infections

i would highly recommend using this in conjunction with bactivate

1 - This is perfect for prevention of fungas gnats... as the larvae live of fungus and rotting organic material. So trichoderma is helping on the fungal front as well as helping decompose the organic matter quicker tahn the larvae can feed off of it.

That is why I recommend it as a Preventative as you want to get rid of the conditions that the larvae will thrive in.

bacillus thuringiensis sunsp. israeliensis is a bacteria that will kill the larvae, it can be used in conjunction with other preventative measures, but I would honestly be looking at other measures first as it is quite a costly product

Remember preventative measures isn't just about killing off the first signs of the pest, more so it is making the environment unfavourable for the pest and or disease. 

Edited by Frank Reynolds
  • Upvote 4