80w cfl who is using them ?

+1 , Gotta be the best bang for ya buck vegging, clone, mother CFL around. 5300 lumens output, pretty darn good for an 80w cfl. I used to blow those cheap 130wer globes up.

I had one Philips, last year bought another, had em both running pretty much 18 hours a day, everyday.

Have 2 CFL's vegging plants in a cupboard 1200 long x 50cm wide and 1.6m tall, they are bushy as, and about  4-5ft with no loss of lower foliage.... no way the 130wers could of kept em that healthy.

Totally recommend them, Wiet put me onto them ages ago............ Cheers mate :thumbsup: , best thing I ever did in the Veg Cupboard.

Peace. Nibbler.

great feed back everyone goin to give me local bloke a call today bout coming in and grabbing one of the lights. I will run both lights in the cupboard hopefully gets temps a bit higher we have been having a few cold nights and more to come thanks again everyone :bonghit:  :bonghit:

Yup , been running one for a year or so for clones/ mothers/ veg. I have even grown an auto under it for shits and giggles,which I pulled over an ounce from. Great output, highly recommended.

:bongon:

Just a newbie stupid question.

Are you saying that your only using an 80 from start to finish?

Or am I missing something.

Did I just waste $$$$ on 600s for nothing?

Haven't grown for 25 years. Not up to all this new gear.

yes i used an 80w start to finish veg and flower.

the major difference that people find with CFL vs MH / HPS is the 'density' of the buds cfl grown buds will be lighter and fluffier, where are the other lights will give you more dense compact buds.

they both have their pro's and cons, the trade off being the electricity and heat you have to deal with.

i still got 1/2 ounce from 1 plant.

this video is a good comparison.

I like using them for side lighting, can get em in real close without burning the girls and results in a thicker more developed structure for when they are turned. The only downside is CFLs output drops off quickly, although they will continue to light up for months, in my experience they're pretty much spent after the first 1000hrs or so. If you see an old bulb light up next to a new one the difference is quite drastic