80w cfl who is using them ?

hi guys and girls just wondering who is using these 80w  that have a shit load of output. im currently using  130w  in the cupboard and not really impressed with the growth rate. basically asking if the people that previously used 130w  notice a difference in growth rate compared to a 80w?

Have never used the 130's only every the 80w.

I like the 80w a lot, best light for seedlings and mother imo.

and can do a tidy grow from start to finish with them as well...

thanks for that ozzy420 that's what im looking for a good light to veg a few clones in some coco for the next run and to support a mother plant in the cupboard. cheers I will buy one of them lights this week :bongon:

I been running a 130w cfl for veg, I found it the best for what Im doing. I dont' keep a mother, taking cuts before rotating, cuts sit on the floor beside veg buckets in the box and only get dappled light.  I'd be interested to hear if u find any difference in ur girls over time. keep us posted

Bud

Hi Stix,

I just brought 2  X 80watt cfl  6500k  & 2 X seahawk reflector's.

I havent used them on the girls yet but have turned them on to test them an they seem ok.

In past grow's I have used the 130 watt cfl  & the 250cfl both in 14000K.

If you buy the cheap crap 130watt  or 250watt cfl then they dont work to well,like the old saying goes,you only get what you pay for = if you buy cheap crap you get cheap crap.

An a 50watt saveing is really only chicken feed as far as power goes.

The 14000K cfl have more blue in the an are a better light  for veg an mother's {imo} ,I did a test for myself a long time ago with 2 clone's from the same mother plant an found that the girl under the  14000K  cfl was much more bushy growth than the girl under the 6500K cfl ,an the cfl were the same brand of cfl.

I really only brought the 2 x 80watt cfl just to see what they are like for myself,as I have seen 2 diffrent grow's of 2 mate's with the 80 cfl an was interested in just testing the for myself as I said befor,

The 80watt cfl is a lot smaller globe an is much easyer to handle than the 130 watt or the big 250 watt cfl, hope this help's you.

Regard's Dingo-2008.     

recently broke my 130w, loved it used it for veg and mom keeping 

just bought a new 80w and just finishing the first 24 hrs of it running

after comparing 130 vs 80 at they store the other day, 80 is a winner since they both have the same output (6500?)

same output and 50w savings... can't be all that bad

hey having been using them for a few years now being the 3rd. I change globes every year and I just bought a new globe only 2 and half months old

I been running a 130w cfl for veg, I found it the best for what Im doing. I dont' keep a mother, taking cuts before rotating, cuts sit on the floor beside veg buckets in the box and only get dappled light.  I'd be interested to hear if u find any difference in ur girls over time. keep us posted

Bud

hey mate when I buy it im goin to have both lights in there goin at the same time..

Hi Stix,

I just brought 2  X 80watt cfl  6500k  & 2 X seahawk reflector's.

I havent used them on the girls yet but have turned them on to test them an they seem ok.

In past grow's I have used the 130 watt cfl  & the 250cfl both in 14000K.

If you buy the cheap crap 130watt  or 250watt cfl then they dont work to well,like the old saying goes,you only get what you pay for = if you buy cheap crap you get cheap crap.

An a 50watt saveing is really only chicken feed as far as power goes.

The 14000K cfl have more blue in the an are a better light  for veg an mother's {imo} ,I did a test for myself a long time ago with 2 clone's from the same mother plant an found that the girl under the  14000K  cfl was much more bushy growth than the girl under the 6500K cfl ,an the cfl were the same brand of cfl.

I really only brought the 2 x 80watt cfl just to see what they are like for myself,as I have seen 2 diffrent grow's of 2 mate's with the 80 cfl an was interested in just testing the for myself as I said befor,

The 80watt cfl is a lot smaller globe an is much easyer to handle than the 130 watt or the big 250 watt cfl, hope this help's you.

Regard's Dingo-2008.     

hey dingo thanks for the info I paid around 60 bucks for me last globe  2 and half months back  I should of just upgraded then hopefully the hydro shop have what iv after .

I used 2 130w cheapo growlush lights last year and this am using 1 80w Phillips this year . The 1 80 watt with a refelxtor  does a much better job then 2 130w grow lush lights . I have been very impressed by the clones i have had running under it the past 2 months , light seems to penetrate better i am getting good branching . I would never by a 130w again , the 80w Phillips really cant be beat for power consumption and performance