Do you remember your first toke?

Yup.

I was 15 and having a day off school with a friend of mine. 

We'd got some "weed" which was essentially trimmings from a mutual friends older brothers grow...nevertheless, a bit of bid and tip among the leaves. 

Got a brown paper sandwich bag of this stuff about 1/3 of the way solidly full.

We made ridiculous joints. 

Didn't realise that maybe IN my place wasn't the best place to do it, and burning one each.

Mother came home early, smelled it, kicked us out...we went to the service station, loaded up on junkfood, sat in centenial park laughing about the whole

thing until later that evening. 

It was my first day of wagging school around 2001 in yr 8 or 9.

It was spare of a moment thing, a mate asked if I wanted to blow off school I was like yeah why not (scared as hell)

Left the school grounds and walked toward the centre of town through the side and back streets until we got to the council chamber's  and seen some class mates (the stoners) there was a lounge chair and the side garden of the carpark listening to korn and smoking billys ended up talking and stayed there for 10mins before asked if I wanted a cone I was like okay (at this time hot flushes with sweaty hands and heart starting to race)

They pack it and give it to me never smoked anything before I was scared put my lips to it and they light it for me I'm sucking and sucking then exhale coughed a little then they go you got toput ago get on the shotty I was like the what??

They once I found it accepted it again and smashed.

After that felt like a king everyone was happy with the effort.

Was a light high but lasted a few hrs.

Went home and ate like a camel.

I was lucky enough to be in Kiwi land at the time and my best mates brother had his hands on some of Terry Clark's finest imported buddah sticks. Three of us sitting in the back of his brothers' chevy and two big ugly maoris sitting in the front. Smoked joints and big roach balls passed around and only knew I was stoned when I asked for the radio to be turned up when it was on full bore. Got home and sat with the family in the lounge watching some movie and just feeling really detached from what was a normal scene.I don't think I really got it until a session or two later. Good times and feeling bloody old.

• Upvote 1

Hey Erin, so your from New Zealand. I just have one question, I met this bloke a while back from NZ. Back in the day, he owned property in Coramandel? Now, he wasn't a smoker, but he made a pretty penny when he sold his property due to the "Gold" that was growing there. Any truth to the tale, as he did give some seed, hopefully still viable. Been kind of vac sealed for five years, just found em today:-) Got me fingers crossed, I hear they were big plants.

1967 Town Hall station Sydney, I remember exactly because it was the day Prime Minister Harold Holt went missing. A Mod shared a joint with  me, it was a spacey Thai strain. wobba wobba wobba woop woop ! The herb has owned me ever since!

... if I'm Moses that makes you Methuselah sharps :oldman:  lol  :whistle:

...16 first time I smoked... hash on the hot knives ;) Buddah sticks were still around then too and I vaguely remember being so fucking wasted and pissed and out of it at a party I swear I thought I was tied to the pendulum arm of a gigantic clock... before eventually greening out spewing my ring out :bad:

Hey Erin, so your from New Zealand. I just have one question, I met this bloke a while back from NZ. Back in the day, he owned property in Coramandel? Now, he wasn't a smoker, but he made a pretty penny when he sold his property due to the "Gold" that was growing there. Any truth to the tale, as he did give some seed, hopefully still viable. Been kind of vac sealed for five years, just found em today:-) Got me fingers crossed, I hear they were big plants.

G'day burner, seems like a lifetime ago when I lived there. Came her in Feb '79 and set root. I've never heard of the Coramandel thing but there is a strain there that yields a couple of pounds when grown properly. Kiwi seeds sell 'em. Lucky you may have some, good luck with them.

Edited by Erin

Did some querying through some kiwi mates. Coromandel Gold is their version of our Hunter Valley crops. Was around way back in the day, therefore, if the seeds are legit, they are alot older than I thought, and most likely not viable at all. Pity.