Do you remember your first toke?

Gonna be a little difficult for some of the long term smokers, but who remembers their first toke? I myself have been smoking for twenty six years, but the memory of my first hit still remains, albeit a traumatic one, kind of. Just curious to see what other experiences were had when first contact with mj was established. Anyway, this was my first time.

I was around fourteen at the time, growing up on the outer northern suburbs of Melbourne. The suburb I was from had a reputation for being a thug neighbourhood, my Mothers cat was nailed to the fence because my older sister wouldn't date a boy in her class, okay, root a boy in her class, I was the fat kid at school and, well, enuff said!

Anyway, it was at school when the offer to smoke some pot came up. Five months earlier, I got my ass kicked by one of the toughest kids in my year level, but became friends because I didn't rat him out, saving him from further greif with the juvenile courts because of a pending assault charge. He asked if I wanted to wag the afternoon to go smoke weed at his mates grandmothers house. Trying to be cool, I told him I smoked dope with my other mates and would tag along.

At the house, we went straight to the back shed, and my lack of experience with pot shone like a beacon. Had never held a bong in my life, never packed a cone, only watched older brothers of friends roll and smoke joints. After the other two stopped pissing themselves at my attempts to master the bong, one of them packed me one and showed me the shotty, tutoring me through my first cone. Coughed my guts up, fluid pouring from my eyes, my nose, my mouth, all in between strained gasps for oxygen! That was my first cone, but the other two boys weren't done with me yet. I struggled through two more in the shed before the grandmother called out that she was off to bingo. Inside we went, the boys feasted on sandwiches and coke while I sat there dry mouthed and numb. The bong came back out but I refused, explaining that I felt sick. "Have a bong," they said, "or we'll make ya!" Still I refused so one disappeared into the kitchen and returned with a butchers knife, trying to menace me into having another. Funny thing about weed, but fear doesn't seem to grip you in any way when your wasted, you just kind of shrug things off. I still refused, so the one that was sitting next to me took the knife and gave me the count to three. Once he reached three, he stuck the knife about a half inch into my thigh. I grabbed my leg and just looked at him, he had this kind of fucked up grin on his face and again said, "have a bong" So I did, and this game continued until the bowl was empty. I was totally fucked up, with about half a dozen stabs in the leg a well, and on the verge of throwing up. I must of changed colour, because all I remember hearing was "do it out the window" at which point I lurched out the window and killed the grass growing beneath it. There was my stomach contents everywhere, down the wall of the house, all over the roses, the lawn, my hair, but worst of all, after the initial convultions had subsided and I could raise my head, the first thing I saw was the grandmother coming around the corner, and when she saw me hanging out of her front window in the state that I was, she flipped. All three of us bailed out the backdoor, jumped the side fence and ran for our lives. Ever see an overweight stoned teenager run like Carl Williams? I swear I did that day, all the way to the train station, on the bus back to my suburb and home. Big problem was the bus ride, not the most sanitary things back in the day, and someone had left their stomach contents behind near where I was sitting, bringing on another bout of the technicolour yawns, by the time I got home, I was a mess and slept till the next day. Never smoked with those boys again, funnily enough, but it was my first experience with mj, and one I am not likely to forget. Not every dope smoker is peace, love and mung beans, choose your billy buddies well.

Edited by burner
  • Upvote 1

Jeepers Burner, think that wud put you off forever! lol  It wud've me! lol  But no, my first choof I had a very pleasant experience.

No packed joints, just an average joint shared by 3.  I only had 2 choofs andif I hadn't withdrawn the owner of the smoke would have excluded me......purely out of keeping control of the kindy student.  lol

Tis good to have a mate keep a check on you.  Oh yeah, the trip home was cool.  The road I knew so well had never looked so good.  lol

My next with others was very different.  There was a deal goin down & a few  pounds in the room but they were sharing some around.  Got in the room & they're using a bucket with a cone piece made outta a tea strainer! lol  Which he filled.  He kept makin sure it burnt well & no matter how many times I said enuff he kept burnin it  & I ended up with it all!  Fuck was I sick!! 

Needless to say, my mate didn't keep an eye on me. They blew the guys up, after the fact, telling them I was a newbie but didn't warn them of my intolerence before hand.

I latermoved to the town these guys came from & discovered pretty quick where that came from.  WTF he was growing I dunno but shit it was even knockin the experienced over! lol

It was an indi I now know, wasn't really capable of judging at the time!  Bought on couchlock fast!

Edited by Mama Cass

I took me about five or six goes before I got stoned..  I thought I was so tough, all my mates would be comatoze and I'd just keep on smoking.. The first time I did get stoned WOW!!! What a game changer!!  I remember going to the lav and not being able to find the way out for what seemed like ages..  Been a love affair ever since  <3

26 years ago, but I still have some memories.  Like Puka it took me 5 times before anything happened, and then it was love at 1st toke.  Skived of from welding course at TAFE one night with a mate who'd got a bit of blonde hash, rolled up a ciggie with it in, had a few puffs and it was, oh so that's what it's all about.  spent the rest of the night between fast food joints and playing pool at the pub.  No green outs or bad experiences, though there have been a few over the years, just buzzy and mellow night.  Wasn't even the best hash looking back on it, but it worked for me.  Still meet up with me old mate from time to time as well.

Yeah, majority of it. I was 15/16 & had planned the day for a while, at the time I was working at a super market and had made friends with the local lesbian, we began talking and I told her I had never smoked it before, she said I should come around and we could have a sesh together, so we did. She offered me a bucket but I said I'd rather have a bong for my first time (to this day I've only ever had ONE bucket in my life) anyway, after a huge session she said if I wanted to go to bed, & I slurred out a yes, we got to bed and, for that night, she was no longer a lesbian. 

Won't forget that night ever, no matter how much I toke!

well been smoking for 15 years now, dont remember it but apparent my cousin used to get me and my mates stoned / blew out when ever we visited him we were like between 6-8 he was 14+ go out to the bush cubbyhouse up the back of his property and toke it up - maybe that's why i like it so much .. got a taste when i was younger and didnt know it! :P

but actual time when i first actually remember having one prolly wasnt till i was about 16-17 and yeah had someone pass me a joint at some party thought it was a ciggie and took a big puff ended up greening out on the floor for a few hours but was pretty good wasnt scared or anything just spaced out prolly fell asleep too.