Monster Cropping! Does it work?

for those that have no idea of when monster cropping was created for in the first place... it is used to create a mother plant tou can take many many clones of as aposed to take 10 - 20 of a normal mum............

and this plant is a monster cropped plant... you telling me this yielded flufy arse sativa buds mongy ?

post-16743-0-45217700-1362823480_thumb.jpg

post-16743-0-11473100-1362823490_thumb.jpg

post-16743-0-72766000-1362823497_thumb.jpg

post-16743-0-34019500-1362823503_thumb.jpg

iv also put out a clone outside couple years back and it was put out to early went to flower then days got longer in reveged then went into flower massive bush with heaps of chunky buds :bonghit:

finaly same one that is not stuck in the old

ways.........................sorry to be the person to break it to all

the old school growers but a little tweak her and there can achieve

better results........ the old if its broken  then dont fix it.... type

thinking is OLD SCHOOL AND OVER..................................

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

So lets figure this out Shroomy. You grow a plant that flowers then reveges which  happens to be particular branchy and conclude that monster cropping works and all the "old timers" who have most probbaly grown a thousand times more plants than yourself have no idea? 

No offense mate but over the years Ive seen very little to suggest you have enough experience to comment. Seems you'd rather hype up your pollen chucking efforts than put in the hard yards.

-RR- 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So lets figure this out Shroomy. You grow a plant that flowers then reveges which  happens to be particular branchy and conclude that monster cropping works and all the "old timers" who have most probbaly grown a thousand times more plants than yourself have no idea? 

No offense mate but over the years Ive seen very little to suggest you have enough experience to comment. Seems you'd rather hype up your pollen chucking efforts than put in the hard yards.

-RR- take it easy rat i never sait if was the best meeethod to use... i simply stated what worked for me and my growing partners....

and if you resent thread is anthig to go do.... my self and the newbs SHIt all over your pathetic  efforts at and out door grow.....

\\\\\

go back to ar= river ans do bullshitnb set and gorgt type grrows you are sooooooooooooo good....... at

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Why do these threads always degenerate into a mud slinging contest?

At the end of the day, new things are learnt all the time, but one can't overlook years of personal experience and factual anecdotes.

You're both probably right.

I've only grown two full grows (myself), on to my third (been involved in many others not my own) so I can only tell from very limited experience. Last grow I did a bunch of super cropping, first grow I topped. I always grow one plant untouched of the same genetics just to see what happens. So far I'm yet to see a significant increase in yield or quality in my 'fiddled with' plants. Though that may just be a reflection of my skills both in doing 'advanced' techniques correctly, or growing normally very well. Personally I think one can stuff around with the plant all they like, but without giving the roots enough time to support the new growth you've triggered, its pointless.

That said, I'm always looking at the things others do to keep my hobby interesting.

Happy growing, and lets all remember that we here because we share the same interest.

• Upvote 2

It is a touchy subject at times, new vs old. I was taught by an real old school dude in his 60dz. Now with over 40 years of outdoor and more then 20 indoor, his formula was set in stone. But as you learn yourself my formula has changed due to my experience. Now I agree that I don't have as much experience as he does, but the amount of info you can get via the net and on websites like this. Experience has become not as critical as it use to be. For example I was taught that you continue veg food the first week of 12/12 to help with branching. However now I start flower food in the last week of 18/6. The thing I have noticed about the old school is if it works for them, they stick to what they know. Unlike the new school growers that like to try new things. But that's only from the old school I know, I am sure that's not the case for everyone.
  • Upvote 1

I agree shroomy my comment was unnecessary . Twas bad form and I apologize. 

I guess what Im trying to say is that single anecdotes don't carry any weight with me and shouldn't be used by others to manipulate arguments either .They are what they are simple occurances. We've all had many a branchy and reveged plants and I've never correlated the two with each other.

-RR-

Edited by -RiverRat-