Monster Cropping! Does it work?

Hi all,

So I was looking through a few YouTube vids, and came across a vid called monster cropping. It's short vid, and really quite, so I started to have a look on the web. When I have found many people saying its works, you get more yeild ect ect. But I have not found any really hard info on why and how it work. I am more interested in it as the whole theory of taking cuttings in your 3 rd week of flowering and having them ready to go in as soon as you harvest!!! Sounds tops. If any one has some hard info, or experience with monster cropping would be great. Any down fall from doing this, ect.

For rope that don't know what monster cropping is. The tech where you take cuttings of your flowering plant and reveg them where it leads to busher plants and no real main cola.

Thanks chopperw33d

Hi,

Ive seen a few pictures of monter cropped plants, and Ive read how its done.

The plant needs to go into flowering, that is there needs to be a hormone shift in the plant. After 21 days of 12/12. you will be able to take a cutting and reveg. The plant will veg out of the buds that are forming and produce a 'monster clone'.

Hi iTiC, have read a bit about it. But there is not much info on Why it works. Why the plant branches out so much. It more people just showing you , look here it does work. I am looking for the Why, is it because once it re vegs the nodes are so close from flowering you have heaps of branches?

The idea of being able to take a cutting of your flowering plant after 3 weeks and re veg it to be used after the current plant is done. Sounds great. No more mothers!

Hi iTiC, have read a bit about it. But there is not much info on Why it works. Why the plant branches out so much. It more people just showing you , look here it does work. I am looking for the Why, is it because once it re vegs the nodes are so close from flowering you have heaps of branches?

The idea of being able to take a cutting of your flowering plant after 3 weeks and re veg it to be used after the current plant is done. Sounds great. No more mothers!

The reason you get so many branches is each partly developed calyx will end up throwing a branch out of it.

Keep in mind it is not as simple as more branches =  higher yield.

Naycha :peace:

Nay I understand what your saying, with cals throwing out branches. The flower make up is many tight nodes together to make a good bud. But what I am asking has any one got proof. There is a few grow diaries out there but not E= Mc2 proof. Ie you tight your main colas down to get the hormos in the top colas to water level so you get even growth. But nothing on monster cropping.

Atm I had a clone that is 5 week monster crop with 3 other veg clones. I will do me best to do a grow log of this to see how it turns out. However I still don't know why if it is better or not.

If its so good why does not everyone do it.

I have taken clones at week three of flowering from a few different strains and honestly haven't noticed any difference in the growth pattern once they break through the initial stage. Perhaps some had more branching but not enough of a difference to make me take any notice.

Will be happy to be proven wrong though.

Nay I understand what your saying, with cals throwing out branches. The flower make up is many tight nodes together to make a good bud. But what I am asking has any one got proof. There is a few grow diaries out there but not E= Mc2 proof. Ie you tight your main colas down to get the hormos in the top colas to water level so you get even growth. But nothing on monster cropping.

Atm I had a clone that is 5 week monster crop with 3 other veg clones. I will do me best to do a grow log of this to see how it turns out. However I still don't know why if it is better or not.

If its so good why does not everyone do it.

It takes time to shift the hormones, where as taking several cuttign from a plant a week earlier will give you a viable clone 14 days later. If you take a cutting at 21 days, there is a turn around time for plant go back into a veg mode. A 24 week flowering time (Tai Sativa) makes a very boring monster clone. Truely not worth the time.

The how and the why are in the 'hormones', Control molecules that affect apical dominance and drive photo and geo tropism.

In a Bud each calyx is teaming with apical hormone, so every bud is programed to behave as if she is at the top of the tree. Now flip that hormonal lassy into 18/6. You get a ton of veg hormone pumping up to the "TOP" of the plant. That hormone finds a bud with apical hormone and it belives it is "home". The veg hormone combines with the apical hormone and a new shoot forms driveing the plant toward the sky... out the end of every calyx on the plant.

The advantage in a monster clone would be in generating clones not in increacing yeild.. A monster clone makes a great mum.

Edited by iTiC