Yellow leaves and droopy

Hey saxman hows it garn mate ?

Mate it looks like you may have a couple of scenario's taking place !

First up what i see is that your soil has compacted pretty severely and your plants arent getting much air around the root zone !

What type of soil are you using mate and with which additives i.e sand , perlite , peat coco , ?

What is the ph of your feeding schedule and what is the ph runoff measuring .

Yes they need more light if possible 7 hrs in minimum but some say 6 hrs ....

They appear as if they have a nitrogen or magnesuim deficiency which is highly likely yet it would depend on what you have

fed them and how much , how often ..etc

Overwatering can also cause this problem as the roots suffer for oxygen the plant will appear droopy and yelloing can occur !

So whats your ph ?

What are you feeding and how often ?

And what size are your pots and how often do you water or feed them ?

Check out my grow in the greenhouse and notice how my black pots have been painted white ...High temperatures can also cook the roots

that are touching the pot and your roots will get baked severely ...which can also be a major player in this scenario ! Paint em white or bury em bro !

Help is around every corner mate !

All the best !

Edited by potrocket

The original mix was a bit of organic potting mix, with cow, horse and chicken manure I think, being in pots I haven't been following the whole nutrient regime of hydro, but have been giving a watered down slow release with some urea the last couple of weeks, but only been watering a couple of time a week. No idea on PH. But water is coming from either rain water or a pond. Just the last few days they have been doing this, been fine until now. They have been under some shrubs so not sure quite how much sun they have been getting, but should be plenty. Will repot them this weekend anyway I think, they should have nearly outgrown the pots they are in.

The original mix was a bit of organic potting mix, with cow, horse and chicken manure I think, being in pots I haven't been following the whole nutrient regime of hydro, but have been giving a watered down slow release with some urea the last couple of weeks, but only been watering a couple of time a week. No idea on PH. But water is coming from either rain water or a pond. Just the last few days they have been doing this, been fine until now. They have been under some shrubs so not sure quite how much sun they have been getting, but should be plenty. Will repot them this weekend anyway I think, they should have nearly outgrown the pots they are in.

G'day sax ,

We all gotta start somewhere i suppose !

But i gotta shoot from the hip here saxo !

YOUGOTTAGETOUTMORE ..... :doh:

Ok saxo ,

I'll explain how this growing bizzo works in regards to what you have posted .

The original mix was a bit of organic potting mix, with cow, horse and chicken manure I think ,

Was it certified organic sax or was it organic based some contain slow release ferts and create many problems for

Growers and it pays to include sand or perlite for airation around the roots ...etc

Your soil has no airation additives therefore your roots are suffering !

being in pots i havent been following the whole nutrient regime of hydro ,

Thats a relief saxo you could do some serious damage to your pumps if they get clogged up with all that potting mix !

but have been giving a watered down slow release with some urea the last couple of weeks

Slow release fetilisers are the worst case scenario as well they feed with every watering and build up salts in your "once" was organic soil ! Urea is not a very desireable way of feeding nitrogen to plants as it to can cause certain macronutrients to become locked up ! And will still release nitrogen into the soil when your plants are ready for flowering .

Its important that you control meal times otherwise your baby might become your son !

No idea on PH. But water is coming from either rain water or a pond.

No worries saxo should be all good then mate someone else might like to chime in as well mate

I gotta have a bong hit......

Not sure if I have a problem, or if it is just a lack of water or nutrients right now, or if they are too shady, but got leaves going yellow and a bit droopy. Any ideas?

Your potting mix is shit mate. Get em into something better when you repot.

Dont use urea or "watered down" slow release fert. Try Canna Terra or similar.

Your roots are suffering from compaction among other things, such as heat and poor choice of feed.

All mistakes everyone has made over the years, shit happens...

JAIKAI

• Upvote 1

To clarify what mix I had the plants in, and they were doing well until a few days ago - it was chook manure - both bagged and from the chickens at home, horse manure - from a local horse farm - the organic potting mix was more just filler, not the actual mix per se. Have repotted a couple of them today and they were rootbound; have used a mix of cow, chicken, mushroom, etc composts, all well broken down. In 75 liter bags now. And my auto's are also suffering, looks like drainage has been an issue there, in full flower and leaves starting to look sick - just discovered the drainage holes were blocked, so hopefully that helps fix them.

Hi saxman :thumbsup:

I'll through more into the mix - compost looks like it's depleted some/most of the nitrogen possibly through over-watering and now compacted medium leading to a lack of air to the root system. Potrocket has the gist of it ...... ...... ...... my suggestion would be pot-up/re-pot then good doses of a high organic fert's like "fish emulsion" (cheap & never nasty + high nitrogen).

:yinyang:

Nitty.