Homemade Bud Trimmer Thread.......Having a go.........

Heya Guys, if this works as well as it should , will do a Tutorial later........

Been playing around with a quick and easy Bud Trimmer design, that you can make at home in a couple of hours, and costs ya under $100.

I kept the equipment simple, 20L Handy Pail, 250mm 35w Ceiling fan, snap off serated blades, Sheet of Mesh, and ya may need a few spacers and washers and an old fan shroud (small to fit in top of ceiling fan surround, but not touch blades).

post-38794-0-77832000-1340767189_thumb.jpg post-38794-0-30746100-1340767284_thumb.jpg post-38794-0-94438000-1340767361_thumb.jpg

I have yet to test it out......waiting on harvest time.........so dont go out building one just yet.. lol ...just throwin Ideas out there........

I also am building a 200w 2 speed version........thats almost done, just playing with grilles and cutter height and the mounting of the electrics.....

post-38794-0-56048500-1340766927_thumb.jpg post-38794-0-81386400-1340767024_thumb.jpg

This is the grille I like better........

post-38794-0-01791700-1340767100_thumb.jpg

Well , thats it for now......will let ya know if they work in a few weeks. Big motored one is for heavy work, and one with small motor and finer mesh is for finishing trim.

Just wanted to have a crack at building one, and oh, be SUPER careful with the blades, they are sharp as, and I have a few cuts on me hands.

post-38794-0-96132400-1340767443_thumb.jpg

hehe. Peace. Nibbler.

• Upvote 2

hey Nibbler mate , your threads blow me away

with all the weed you smoke i dont know how you come up such brilliant schemes

youre bordering on munted professor status ya know ... lol

just dont burn yerself out

and ffs dont have an accident with that contraption .. ok

:peace:

I think this is an extremely clever idea nibz...

Next you will be selling your designs to a mass production company...

Must be all that good weed your smoking.

the.weed.fisherman

lol, just about out Fushy....must be the hash......lol......I'm just playin round at the moment, but it trimmed tyme no worries, even fed the stems through, gingerly, but it mulched em good. lol

bloody brilliant !! Love it

Cheers Puka =), it's getting there.....

yer i fuckin like that alot hehehehe since i wont spenk 1k n above on a decent 1 this seem like could save me heeps of hours come harvest...saying that no nothing llike sitting back few movies bowle of weed ctn of piss and trimming for a day or so

Sure the bought ones are heaps better, but had a few fans and motors layin around, and when its cold I like to keep busy....hehe. i like trimmin too, but with a bad back, it can get old pretty fast......

Looking forward to seeing how this works, do you think the ceiling fan will spin up fast enough to do the job? it will have the torque but not sure on the speed, i hope it does as i have a few lyeing about..

Cheers

Z

Heya Z =) , the ceiling fan is good, wouldn't go below 35W though, be too weak. Ceiling fan motors rotate fast, but have little torque, its the design of the motor.

It works well enough, hardest part is getting the blades close to the grille without hitting it and messing shit up.lol

hey Nibbler mate , your threads blow me away

with all the weed you smoke i dont know how you come up such brilliant schemes

youre bordering on munted professor status ya know ... lol

just dont burn yerself out

and ffs dont have an accident with that contraption .. ok

:peace:

hehe Frazz =), Mate, just love building shit, can take the Munted Nugget outta the Workshop, but can't take the Workshop outta the Munted Nugget...lol

Man, I'm erring on the side of caution....the 200wer scares the hell outta me, so I bought a fan speed controller rated at 300w load....motor is 200w, so should have good safe control of it..... the motor is out of a blender, so on low speed without the gearing it had before, it is sooo fast. lol .

The Ceiling fan motor one is OK, if ya hit ya finger, you probably keep it, but the bigger girl, ya be chasing em round the room......

But i will add this warning.......

NEVER OPERATE BLADES UNLESS MOUNTED AND UNDER THE SCREEN PROPERLY, AND CLEARANCES HAVE BEEN CHECKED!!!!!!!!

........or you probably going to hospital.......

Peace. Nibbler.

Man you wouldn't want to slip and get a finger tip in the way of those blades, it would take it off clean as...

I have been trying to think of a similar plant growing in the garden to practice on but looking out the window nothing comes to mind, really helpfull aint i :pardon:

Maybe someone else can think of a plant to practice on, very interested in how well this works..Looking good..

Cheers

Z