Lukes next grow...

Okay, here's some update shots for ya. As you know, vicki has been culled, but her clones should live on. They're short, stumpy, and are less than ideal... but hopefully one or two of them will be vigorous enough to continue the line, and I may well clone during veg this time.... ;)

Here's some pics of the clones, bear in mind these shots were taken soon after they were placed into the growroom, and were a little water starved at the time. :D They're a little more perky now. ;)

post-9-1077361734_thumb.jpg

Okay, here's the next one... You can see I've trimmed the leaves, this is to cut down on the water demands that the little shoot will make on itself. The less leaf surface there is, the less transpiration will occur in the little clone. You don't need to remove much, just enough so that there is no huge leaves sucking the water out of the clone before it has a chance to start. ;)

Mind you, some growers will never do this, I find it can be the difference for my cuttings, but hey, everyone has their own little methods. :D

post-9-1077362186_thumb.jpg

Okay, shall we look in on the seedlings? Heh heh...

Here's and overall shot of the aquamiser in action, with a couple of extra pots off the unit, which are swapped around with another one daily, so as to keep them moist.

The unit is fed water through the 2.25l bottle, coated in white tape, to a small float valve in the center of the aquamiser via 4mm polypiping. The higher the temps, the more evaporation there is, but generally the bottle lasts a couple days. If there is a fan blowing across the water, this also decreases the amount of time between refils. I'm considering attaching it to the large feeder res I have sitting idle whilst these seedlings develop, but I may be transplanting them out soonish anyway so it may be a moot point.

Here's that shot. :D

post-9-1077363660_thumb.jpg