Gunjaponics 2nd grow

OK....

So if my taget CF for the newies is 7, and I start with tap water @ 6, doesn't that mean that there will be less useful nutriants available to the plants than if I started with water with a CF of 0 ?

this is true. that is why the more pure your water is to start with the better. but as has already been said, you can grow just fine with a starting CF 6.

OK, here is an over veiw of my setup.

Flood and drain, currently set to 15 min water cycles every 2 hours. 10 pots fed seperatly from 2 x 50 litre nute res. Expanded clay, 2 x 400W HPS with Sontagro bulbs, air stones in each res. Lights are currently 2 feet away from the plants. CF is 7, PH is 5.7 Dutchfest Hydrogrow nutes.

I actuaclly soaked the seeds for 24hours in one of thoes `female seeds soaks'. Its probably bull shit, but I wanted the best chance of females after forking out for the seeds.

I am actually a bit concerned about the heat in the room. It does get fucking hot and may be too extreme for the seedlings.

post-9-1075643021_thumb.jpg

Edited by gunjaponic

Just a diary entry -

PH rose to 6.2 from 5.7. Made adjustment back to 5.7.

Nute CF rose slightly to 7.5, but went back down to 7 when I had to add some more water to raise PH (God I hate it when your trying to lower ph and it goes from 6.2 then 6.2 then 6.00 then 4.5 in one hit)

I noticed yesterday that the temp is still pretty high here. At one stage it got to over 40deg c in the grow room. Not good for the little ones, but they didn't seem to mind.

I can see the second lot of leaves forming.

Edited by gunjaponic

G'day Gunjaponic ;)

Mate you gotta get those temps down if you can. Forty degrees is too hot especially for seedlings.

Is your set-up outside? ~ from the pics of your setup it looked like it's in a shed outside. If that's the case, and the cause of your heat probs is the outdoor temp, then I can't think of any thing to suggest re dropping the temp ;) .

Otherwise, how's your ventilation? Are you exhausting the hot air out of the room? Fresh air intakes?

:wacko: Tugboat ;)