one of my cabinet scrogs 3'x3' ebb flow

try Coco, why? another %20 yield. But what about the flies? you ask. With new bio-diversity using bio-friendlies like Bio-Bugs or other Trichoderma molds what flies? You try it you won't go back to any inert medium. Very impressed with your SCROG. Edited by Kimba

Hey, looking excellent fossil.

We do prefer pictures to be posted via link as it slows things down a bit otherwise.

How to post pictures:

Firstly the picture needs to be in JPEG (*.jpg) format and 102400 bytes (100 kilobytes) or less in size. If the picture is in another format I usually open it in Paint (Start/Programs/Accessories/Paint) and then use File, Save As, Save as type, to save the picture in JPEG (*.JPG,~~~*.JFIF) format. If the picture is still too large then I copy and paste the important part to a new file (File/New) and save it again.

I then go to the Oz Stoners topic I wish to reply to and click on the “New Reply” button (or start a New Topic) and type my message, the forums that allow pictures have a panel at the bottom of the screen (above the Post New Reply/Topic button) with the title “File Attachments”, you click on the “Browse…” button and then locate the picture to be uploaded on your hard drive and click “Open”, you will notice the path and file name in the window next to the “Browse…” button, (I have a dedicated folder and sub-folders on my hard drive just for pictures), when you have finished your post just click the Post New Reply/Topic button and the picture will be uploaded to Oz Stoners and included in your post.

There are other file formats for picture uploads but I only use JPEG myself.

Coco = Coco-peat - a media made from the remanants of coconut husks. More active biologically due to it's non-inert nature, making it a unique media substrate for semi-hydroponic and related horticulture.

Holds a fair amount of moisture, but reacts differently with nutrients from other media which are totally inert... This means a different nutrient spectra is required to keep the levels required by plants available. Different pH requirements usually follow as well, with a slightly higher level preferable in coco based media as opposed to more conventional inert media forms.

Good stuff, I mix with 50% perlite when I use it and add a base layer of perlite to the container of about 5-10cm to enhance drainage. Still, susceptible to scarid fly, particularly in outdoor applications. Kimba has said something about how this could be potentially suppressed. :P

Hey, thanks for the positive comments guys. ;)

Taz Stoner.... Sorry bout that, ;) and thanks for the posting tips.

TUGBOAT Training tips..... Keep them low and bushy at first. get to know your starin.... can't time the training if you don't know your girls intimately. I cut away all growth below the screen to aid in ventilation and access. I flush out the medium once oer week with clean water, which is one of the reasons I like plenty of access under the screen. My screen is mounted 10" off the deck from memory. here is a shot of what I am talking about.

Kimba Yeah I hear ya on the coco. I tried it and failed miserbly. Coco doesn't like ebb/flo. A mate swears by it, and grows the best Red Devil that you will ever see. Top drip system for her though.

SoDrysBro Sativa?? Indica?? I have grown superskunk red devil norhtern lights bubblegum (original) and white widdow in this setup. all of them were successful in their own way. I have also grown some purpil POS from nirvara seeds. It was not successful, in that out of ten germinated.... 6 were boys, and the other four were worse that bush shwag. POS IMO.

BudWaver Wish that were true. This grow/grows were from a while back. I am totally dry at the moment which sucks big time. ;)

Really looking forward to winter.

Thanks again guys.

Fossil

post-18-1073952944_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossil