Until you have completed a sparkies course please do not advice people on the do it yourself technique, playing with electricity is dangerous and should not be attempted. What you do is your own business telling other is totally unacceptable. AJ, you have just stated that you yourself have been a victim of your own stupidity.

:oldman:

• Upvote 2

G'day Troops.

If you don't know how to deal with mains power, LEAVE IT TO SOMEONE WHO DOES!!!!!!! If you fuck it up, and it seems to me you will, from lack of knowledge, you could be killed, or someone you hold dear could be killed, or the house will burn down. All these are truely unwanted outcomes. 240v @ 50h is not something to be taken lightly.

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Hey there wayno. Can you explain to me why some appliances have only active and neutral on the plug? I have found this to be the case even when the aplliace is itself made from conductive material.

Cheers.

td

Thats interesting mate...

What type of appliance are you talking about?

Anything that has a metallic body, like a toaster, should have a 3pin plug on it, not 2..

Why?? If an earth fault occurs, circuit breaker will not trip, the metallic frame is then at 240V, waiting for you to touch it.. When you touch it, the voltage flows through your body to earth, which can be DEADLY. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

If anybody has any appliances like this, replace them now

I like it when shit goes bang... Trust me kiddies, I've been electrocuted 5 times.

You've been zapped 5 times? You definitely should not be giving electrical advice to anybody. :o

I'm surprised you haven't burnt your house to the ground, or killed yourself or anyone else yet. With your attitude towards this stuff, especially earthing, its only a matter of time

Just a reminder to everyone:

Cones + DIY electrical work = bad idea

Anymore specific questions, feel free to pm me

the 2 pin plug in australia means that the appliance or device is double insulated (or should be) the symbol for that is the little square with another square around it on the australian standards sticker. often found on alarm clocks, tv's and radios things like that without a metalic case. NEVER FUCK THE EARTH!

Thats interesting mate...

What type of appliance are you talking about?

Anything that has a metallic body, like a toaster, should have a 3pin plug on it, not 2..

Why?? If an earth fault occurs, circuit breaker will not trip, the metallic frame is then at 240V, waiting for you to touch it.. When you touch it, the voltage flows through your body to earth, which can be DEADLY. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

If anybody has any appliances like this, replace them now

You've been zapped 5 times? You definitely should not be giving electrical advice to anybody. :o

I'm surprised you haven't burnt your house to the ground, or killed yourself or anyone else yet. With your attitude towards this stuff, especially earthing, its only a matter of time

Just a reminder to everyone:

Cones + DIY electrical work = bad idea

Anymore specific questions, feel free to pm me