christmas time drys

I'm getting the shakes just thinking about xmas last year . Some days there was nothing to buy and the area is not of short of common dealers.My guess is that it has to do with holidays and time out . I remember the last year we saw a good supply of hash for xmas . It used to come around mid November annualy . Then around ten or twelve yrs ago it stopped and has never returned with its gold elephant stamp . Those were the days ? I don't think this phenomena has a whole lot to do with local growing practices as the supply always returns by February .

Guest Wilderbud

Hash was popular because you cant grow good buds outdoors at this time of year. :(

I got some New Guinea Gold for a few weeks back in the old days but most of it was black - I didnt like hash back then but I think its great now [homemade of course - its rare now].

haven't been getting a great deal of rain up here in this part of qld. we only got about 3 inches over the past few days.and the hot days have been anywhere up tp 35 degrees. we've had the heat(30 or above for at least the past 3 months. great growin weather as long as you keep the water up to them.

although after the bit of rain, with the coolish overcast days, 2 of my plants did catch the fungal disease rust.

so outdoor growers keep an eye out for it.

i picked up some stuff from supermarket for about 3 bucks.

it is hortico rose dust , incecticide and fungicide

it contains 300gr per kg of sulpher

40 gr per kg mancozeb

and 5gr per kg rotenone(?)

apparantly it takes care of blackspot, powdery mildew, and leaf rust

and aphids, thrips, mites, caterpillars and cut worm.

i'll see how it works. if it works, i reckon it's not bad buying for 3 bucks.

That's a pretty nasty one mate, you're better off just removing the affected leaves... Sulphur will stick to the plants like nothing else, although it has the added bonus of being a great miticide... Make sure you wash the piss out of any plant you treat it with, or your going to have a very nasty flavour of rotten eggs in your mouth when you smoke it.

Bout two months growth to get rid of it. :(

On the subject of hash.. Why is it so hard to get your hands on these days, it sounds like years ago, it was easy to get from what alot of older smokers tell me, an people fromk other country's seem to have it but I cant find the stuff anywhere in Adelaide. I saw it from time to time back in 2000, but we all know what that year was like.. And coming back from my recent trip to Qld, I went to Nimbin, plenty of buds but I could not get my hands on hash at all, no-body there was interested in sourcing me some hash :rolleyes: I'm just interested to no why this stuff is so hard to find across the land of oz..

Guest Wilderbud

Hash is considered a hard drug by the law so youll be lucky to buy some off a stranger and when you do you never know what youve bought.

Its pretty easy to make hash - you can collect the resin using a silk screen then press it or infuse the resin with isopropyl alcohol then let the alcohol evaporate. You can get good hash from kief [bud shake] and you can get a few grams of decent hash per ounce - leaf hash is pretty mild but if youre desperate then it is better than smoking the leaf [waste of bics/lungs].