who likes Westerns?

pipeman

Guest Wilderbud

Pipeman, dont kid yourself - Bruce Lee was tiny compared to Van Damme. Dont believe movies - Bruce Lee was great at martial arts but size matters.

Itd be interesting to know how much force Bruce Lee could put into his punches - Im sure Van Damme and plenty of other people could break bones more easilly then he could. Also, how much he could withstand. :P

wilderbud, I must respectfully disagree. speed matters more than strength with skilled fighters. with your drunken brawl in the pub no one knows what they're doing plus they're usually off their face so size matters. but a skilled fighter can disable a more powerful component very quickly.

Real Bruce Lee style fighting was not what was in his movies. In real life he focused on quick efficient moves and ending the fight quickly. In all real life fights Bruce Lee had they were all ended within a couple of seconds. For the movies he dressed it up and was much more flamboyant and inneficient, and also slower in most cases, to make it look good for the cameras. Van Damme is much stronger but Bruce would end it quickly. Plus I hate Van Damme, he is such a cockhead.

Van Damme's a bloody ballet dancer, whereas Bruce Lee developed and mastered a completely new and innovative martial art himself.

Bruce Lee took down men several times his size, and had force to his punches you wouldn't believe. Ever seen the one inch punch? Van Damme would last 15 seconds in a ring with Bruce.... yeah right... maybe 10... :;): :P

Bloodsport was some funny shit tho, used to watch that one toooooaaaasted as a teen. ;)

Westerns? Hmmm... Dunno really, I suppose I'd have to say "Unforgiven" would be the best one I've seen, but it's not really my favourite genre...

Does Star Wars count as a western? The galaxy's to the west of here... I assure you. And there was a desert... and gunfights... ;)

chuck does not come close to Bruce Lee. He was one of the biggest badasses in his day no question, but still I think was too slow for Bruce. They never competed in real life. They fought in a movie so obviously it means nothing.

yeah Luke Unforgiven. Thats the one with Gene Hackman and Morgan Freeman. Fucking great movie here are some classic line. These are not in any order and are from different scenes

Gene: Well Sir you are one cowardly Son of A bitch. You just shot an unmarmed man

Clint: Well he should have armed himself, if he's going to decorate his saloon with my friend

Gene: You be William Money from Missouri, who's killed women and children

Clint: Yeah I've killed women and children. I've killed just about anything thats walked or crawled on this earth at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you Little Bill, for what you did to Ned.

Clint: Its a helluva thing killing a man, taking away everything he's got, and everything he's gonna have

Gene: I don't deserve this, to die like this

Clint: Deserves got nothing to do with it

Gene: I'll see you in hell William Money

Clint: yeah

<bang>

Clint: alright I'm coming out, any son of a bitch takes a shot at me, and I won't only kill him, I'll kill his whole family, and all his friends, and burn his damn house down

Clint: (Closing scene of movie) And you better bury Ned right, or I'll come back here and kill every last one of you sons of bitches.

actually all those lines are from the last 10 minutes of the movie I think :P damn I love Clint Eastwodd, there simply is no equal.

I bet you couldn't guess from all those lines that Clint was the "good" guy ;)

Guest Wilderbud
Clint: alright I'm coming out, any son of a bitch takes a shot at me, and I won't only kill him, I'll kill his whole family, and all his friends, and burn his damn house down

A classic line but I have no recollection of the movie. :P

Bruce Lee took down men several times his size, and had force to his punches you wouldn't believe. Ever seen the one inch punch? Van Damme would last 15 seconds in a ring with Bruce

Yeah I have seen film of that 1inch punch and heard of movie stars talk about bruce do it to them and it convinced them to learn his form of martial arts, What about Lee v Ali, I think Ali might just take Bruce in that fight. And he was v.fast apparently it was so fast he was a blur on film

I don't think the feet would give him an advantage because foreman was able to demolish the large bag and I mean demolish the biggest heaviest boxing bag not many ppl could do that witha baseball bat :P and Ali took a few rounds of this on the ropes absorbing, blocking and avoiding while whispering..Is that all ya got george ya hit like a girl george, so I think Ali would just as quick and just as strong and have just as much satmina. So the extra strength from the legs are negated and so is the extra reach as Ali was bigger and so reach would be v.similar. IMO. Imo it would be close but Ali because of size/strength and he fought against real opponents that were the best in the world or next best.