who likes Westerns?

pipeman

Guest Wilderbud

Man I wish I knew the name of it - John Wayne is dying of cancer in one of his movies and theres a big shoot-out at the end. I seen it this year but forgot the title. I dont usually like him but he was good in this movie - The Shootist - John Waynes last movie also BTW [bit of a drama but its a manly drama - heh].

I watched most westerns when I was very young so I have no idea what any of them were called.

Edited by Wilderbud

I got tombstone on vid, it's a good one. Another more recent one I liked, I can't think of the name. I know it had Leonardo DiCaprio and Drew Barrymore in it. BadGirls, or something? Not sure :P

I've seen heaps, mostly Clint Eastwood from memory. Cable tv rocks for that sort of thing, I used to watch TCM all the time on foxtel.

Bad Girls? are you kidding? that was one of the worst Westerns ever made. I'm sorry, but woman have no place in leading roles of good Westerns.

The one with Di Caprio I think was the Quick and the Dead I think. Also had Russel Crowe, Sharon Stone and Gene Hackman. Pretty crappy IMO. Had none of the old school character of the Clint Eastwood's spaghetti westerns.

There was another more modern Clint Eastwood western, which he directed which had Morgan Freeman and Gene Hackman as well. That was pretty good. In fact all Clint Eastwood Western are dead set classics, except Hang em High, that was very average.

Supposedly I look like Clint. :P

I have been told I look like a famous film star when smoking a cigar...

>

>

>

Lassie having a crap.

Loved Westworld? with the mechanical cowboys & Yule Brenner (bald headed dude)

Lee Van Cliff was tougher than Clint Eastwood

Edited by budsta

Guest Wilderbud

Hell yeah, Westworld is a great stoner movie. When the chase is on I was freaking out man!!! :P

Also, if you are stoned and watch it a few times over the years youll think its a different movie. All good stoner movies should have this quality. ;)

Edited by Wilderbud