How not to train Scrog

Guest Wilderbud

Lovely buds but looks like youre lucky the screen isnt broken - heh. :huh:

Do you let your plant touch the screen before switching to 12/12? [im now thinking of doing ScrOG when I get a mother]

Edited by Wilderbud

Damn, that's a stretch!  Still, you did magnificently tho, that 600watter really penetrates doesn't it? 

What strain was that btw? You going to go again with her under different setup/times? :P

Fantastic effort man, done any sampling yet? :P

Thx mate, yeah im lucky the 600 gets in under that mess :P, should help final yield a bit, will be making some oil with the fluffy buds and leaves.

Funny thing is these are the same genetics as last scrog, http://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...?showtopic=2917

look a tad different dont they? That's cause last grow i was adding 1/2 teaspoon of epsomsalts per 10 litres of nutes, thats what gives em the dark apperance i think, cut it out all together this time and didnt get any sort of deficency signs , so all's well.

Havnt got round to smoking up any yet but they look so much more stickier than the last run, should be nice, im also gonna give them some extra finishing time and about twice as much flush time, see how that pans out....

Do you let your plant touch the screen before switching to 12/12?

Best bet for your first couple of runs is to top them when the first set of double branching from the main stem gets to the screen, train them across the screen untill it's about 1/3rd full and then switch them .

You may find you either havnt filled the screen completly or have too much stretch left over, just learn from this and adjust to suit next time, it really helps to use the same genetics ( mother plant/clones ) as you will work out how the time that that particular plant stretches.

Here is a great place to get alot of info on growing scrog, it's where i learnt from.

http://www.cannabisworld.org/vbportal/foru....php?forumid=20