should i trim newbie :(

ok so ive got to be the unluckiest person in history (ok so slight exageration lol)

bought a clone and grew 2 others from seed

clone is budding (4 weeks ish )

others were huge and didnt bud so just been pulled ( 4 weeks and no bud is way too long right ?)

I want to maximise bud growth .....

im not sure on technical names but what i have is perlite blend with clay ...

1 resevoir with pump and 3 other under the perlite resevoirs .... one pot ontop of other ....

lights are down to 8hrs a day now and buds are as big as thumb nail (small by what I have seen others get )

lights are 3 800w hps bulbs (red kinda colour)

room is full panda wrap

big exhaust

big inlet

1 fan built in to each light ( see three fans)

to clarify clone is in still in room alone ...

the plant was always tied down whenever longenough to be tied .... but never trimmed ...

first time on site and have just red well over 700 psts/ replies to posts lol so blind now

is it too late to trim some of the leaves off ..... will i stress the plant ...... wil i get better buds ? with 3 to 4 weeks remaining i wanna get max bang from her .... sould i leave all the leaves ... lol help !!!!!

my lights are on 8hrs aday to help them bud ????? am i wrong with light times .... shuld it be longer ....

maybe they are 600w .... not sure ......

so my question is will it help with bud growth (as in the whit little hairy things growing)if i remove some of the very heavy foliage (leaves ) off the plant or should i leave them on as its been in bud for 3 to 4 weeks now

:)

That's o.k. I met a bloke the other day who had been trying to grow Buds for 40years ...

Unfortunatly for him ... no one ever told him that Cannabis will Only Flower with a shortening of the light cycle.

(Just like Outside)

:D ... He was happy that I had enlightened him , no doubt. lol

(heheheh , I kniow right ... but that's fair dinkum)

It sounds liek you just kept growing a plant under constant light ... It grew big and didn't flower?

You should have the light on for 18hrs and give them 6 to rest (or thereabouts)

Once they are big enough (like a couple of foot max ... (!) because they will double height usually)

The light is then turned down to 12/12 Light/Darkness ... sometimes just a little longer darkness even.

The plants then begin to form flowers and it will take a couple of weeks to show.

Reading even a basic guide to Cannabis growing will tell you this information and more , in compact format.

I aint feeling too great ... otherwise I'd elaborate.

(oooh , it rhymes! :D)

Cheers ... and Happy Growing! :bongon:

Budman :toke:

EDIT: Oh yeah ... and No ... don't cut off the leaves .. they are the solar panels that help grow the buds!

(You can cut them off if they are half dead as the plant will be using energy to try and heal them).

Edited by Budman2012

i dont understand why you would setup 3 600w or 800w lights as you are calling them, to grow cannabis when you dont even know the basics behind it... :doh:

seems very....... odd to me..

your system sounds very odd aswell, can you explain what you mean by... "1 resevoir with pump and 3 other under the perlite resevoirs .... one pot ontop of other ...." :blink: :blink:

i also dont understand what you mean by "but what i have is perlite blend with clay ..." do you mean hydrotron??

what nutrients are you feeding your 'plant' ?

Can you post pictures ?

Cant really help you out without some background info on your system etc.... As budman said lights should be 18/6 for veg and 12/12 for flower...

:blink: