Well I was doing a bit of reading today on the NSW elections that are coming up. It's been known for a while that Labor is gone, but wait, there's more! Barry O'farrel wants to introduce "the peoples parliment" and has stated that any matter brought to him with a minimum of 10,000 signatures would be taken to parliment. This is meant to show people the govt. will concentrate on subjects that matter to the community, as opposed to concentrating on things that work for the govt. (I'm not holding my breath but was pleased to read this).

So, although I strongly believe Cannabis should be 100% legalised, I would like to present the medical argument if this election promise goes ahead. There has already been plans for medical trials in NSW that have been shelved year after year and I believe this could be our chance to get it going.

I would like to get far more than 10,000 signatures and I'm currently investigating ways to achieve this, I would of course include any pro Cannabis campaigners / lobby groups, but what is the best way to reach out to the people on this matter?

Im all ears! ^_^

I'm quite sure there are more than 10000 uni students in NSW :thumbsup:

:bongon: ^^^ Very good point ... From a Quick google I Guesstimate there must be at least a Quarter of a million University students in NSW alone ?? Possibly well over a million ... Along the east coast?

And that is just University , not including the other forms of 'higher' education? :)

Some solid stats would be nice if anyone has them.

Universities usually have certain social groups such as Cannabis activism in the US ... Historically It's probably the students that have been the greatest activists. Unfortunatly I don't see the same thing in Australia ... I believe Children of Oz fall under the thumb of authority all too easily (and early) these days ... maybe that has something to do with my percieved lack of Activism in this country. Just a Thought.

Cheers :bongon: