if we need signatures could we not get them to sign out in front of every australian court house or near.

we do have the resouces or is our government stoping us from doing that 2, united pattern at ever court house in australia?

i fear nothing as i live once,i respect everything living as they only live once.

quoted by me :x

Hi all I applaud the effort that is being made on this issue as change is long overdue.......I was just reading through the posts and probably being a skeptical like several others about the govts true motives I tried to look through it and play devils advocate to a certain extent......please dont take this negatively at all anyone please because they are not my beliefs I am just thinking things a govt or politician would say or do to pardon himself from having to fulfil a pre election promise especially on a sticky issue such as medical marijuana..

1. The idea of getting the vast majority of signatures from Nimbin during the 15 thousand strong festival...........this legislation change that I believe Ryno was going to attempt to garner support for was for medical marijuana........I have seen the Mardigrass posts on Youtube.......(i will admit not many but quite a few of the more popular ones) and I am sure that the govt would think about serving footage of thousands dressed up overjoyed marching down the street in Nimbin to the general public and feed them the question do these people who signed look like they use marijuana for medical purposes......it may be a bit hard to sell and a way out of coming through on his pre-election statement and not even consider this important reform - I am not raining on this parade at all, I am merely suggesting IF signatures are to be collected.....be selective at Nimbin.....try and ensure that the VAST majority of signatures are of those attending who do use cannibas for medicinal purposes and NOT recreational (or exclusively recreational!!!) and maybe even note a general medical reason, I dont think it would add too much longer to the process of gaining a signature. Yes it would reduce the numbers but I believe we have to take the time to get any petition and application for this reform as bullet proof as possible.....we all know there are many 10's of thousands of medicinal users in NSW alone, we just have to target them........Another quick thought I have just had that is by no means perfect or maybe not even doable but people who use medical cannibas usually also attend a hospital or clinic..................could there be a legal and respectful way to garner support from those people who, lets face it would be at the top of the list of people we are wanting to fight this battle for.......

2. Signatures gained from a court house.........again I would suggest be very selective....I would make a point of getting signatures from people showing how their use of Cannibas for Medical reasons has needlessly and wrongly placed them in a situation where they must defend their innocence in a court of law...........

People again nothing in this post was intended to offend anyone.....I was merely brainstorming and trying to think of hurdles that will be placed in front of any who do take up this battle head on...............I do hope that there is change in sight and Ryno and all others fighting this battle, best wishes and I hope for your success.

I am from Queensland, Will help with whatever needs to be done. Would just like to make this clear i don't think this will work for many reasons that i cannot be bothered to get in too but everything is possible and if we can change the governments view i don't want to be the one that was sitting on his ass doing fuck all to reap the benefits.

EDIT: I agree with Anakha

Edited by buntablade

:peace:

I seriously can't believe that people are going to vote for that fat useless moron! :wacko:

Even weeks before this election the picture has been painted that this idiot will win ... why? :blink:

Do they really think that the Liberal Party is going to do a better job? ... It seems like people are simply dissatisfied with many aspects of their 'modern' life and need someone besides themselves to blame ... i.e. why won't the guvmint makes it all better hmm??? :freak:

Just voting the opposite party to spite the entity they percieve to be making their lives the poorer ... even though the alternative is clearly worse. Liberal policies? ... what Fucking Policies??? ... they have none. The liberal "Opposition" must be taking the "opposition" title too seriously ... opposing Everything , without providing any alternatives whatsoever ... simply because they are the opposition? .. Crikey! :wallbash:

Do these supposedly 'conciencious' voters even realize that this is one step closer to having the Mad Monkey Tony Abbot as Prime Minister?

Who could possibly want that but the most insignificant of dinosaurs and the behind-closed-door dealing beurocrats of this Corrupt nation?

Un-fucking-believable! :P

IF it was possible to get past the stigma that deters Cannabis users from putting their signature and details down on paper ... (A very big IF) ... and IF 10,000 signatures WERE logged with the government ... does anyone truly think that it will be payed the appropriate attention needed for such an important issue? ... seriously , Does anyone think so? :scratchin: They've all had plenty of time and chances to give this issue creedence haven't they?

In saying that , I would probably sign it anyway if it actually does come to fruition ... even if it does seem a lost cause. All I know is that if anyone trusts these politicians they are seriously delusional , especially if voting Liberal tomorrow. We all know where they stand on this issue. So Rant Over.

:bongon:

P.s. I don't often like to be 'defeatist' ... but it seems in this case I am being so.

Hasn't there always been a way to get 10,000 signatures on an issue recognized in some form? Or is that just for registering Political Parties? ... Like the Jedi :jedifight ... :ph34r: ...

:bongon:

I hate politics, but this is the game to play if you want to give it a serious go. And I would rather be someone who says "I tried" rather then sit back and take it. Because I believe in the people of Australia, and I recon we are all stronger than the minority that is government. So why not give it a go? The likelihood of Cannabis legalisation grows as more people start realising the truth. That Cannabis is a reasonably benign plant that has never killed anyone, and has the capacity to improve peoples quality of life.

Have been talking with a chap who instigated 6000 signatures here in WA just recently regarding the change in laws that WA has just rushed through under the banner (government getting tough on drugs). He was saying that the wording has to be spot on and the government has a department that helps people get the wording perfect as if it is not then it is invalid. He also said there was a pray or similar that had to included. We are dealing with a tacky system here (law) so hope all the legal experts on this site are lending a hand but we can also do it ourselves through this government website. Has that been done? We have to get this air tight and then go ahead and get over a million signatures, easy done with the attitude of people I have come in contact with.

Yes Anakha agree with your brainstorming ideas. Hospitals sound a great idea. It took WA 4 months to get 6000 signatures but as an issue of compassion I think we will get triple that easy.

Come on OZ STONERS we are going to change this ridiculous cruel law within the year. Amen.

Just googled petitions to australian government and got a wonderful website. Apparently the wording has to be just right otherwise it is thrown out. I noticed on the example from the Aus Parliament website that the petition was addressed "To the Honourable President and members of the Senate in Parliament assembled: whereas ours is addressed "To the Honourable the Speaker and Members of the Legislative Assembly of the Parliament of Western Australia in Parliament assembled. I have to confess total ignorance on the whole subject but am going to talk to Petitions officer this afternoon so she can clarify it for me.