Well I was doing a bit of reading today on the NSW elections that are coming up. It's been known for a while that Labor is gone, but wait, there's more! Barry O'farrel wants to introduce "the peoples parliment" and has stated that any matter brought to him with a minimum of 10,000 signatures would be taken to parliment. This is meant to show people the govt. will concentrate on subjects that matter to the community, as opposed to concentrating on things that work for the govt. (I'm not holding my breath but was pleased to read this).

So, although I strongly believe Cannabis should be 100% legalised, I would like to present the medical argument if this election promise goes ahead. There has already been plans for medical trials in NSW that have been shelved year after year and I believe this could be our chance to get it going.

I would like to get far more than 10,000 signatures and I'm currently investigating ways to achieve this, I would of course include any pro Cannabis campaigners / lobby groups, but what is the best way to reach out to the people on this matter?

Im all ears! ^_^

http://www.nsw.liberal.org.au/news/leader-of-the-opposition/nsw-liberals-nationals-will-return-power-to-the-people-through-their-parliament.html

NSW Liberals & Nationals Will Return Power To The People Through Their Parliament

Citizens would be able to initiate debates in Parliament under a NSW Liberals & Nationals proposal to restore power to the people, NSW Opposition Leader Barry O'Farrell said today.

"People increasingly feel locked out of decision making and that, after 16 years of Labor, the community's views aren't being heard in Parliament," Mr O'Farrell said.

"I want to put people back at the centre of decision-making in NSW and allow them to directly contribute to the agenda for Parliament," he said.

"Introduction of a People's Petition would allow issues to be debated as a matter of urgency in the NSW Parliament.

"A People's Petition would have to demonstrate significant community support with 10-20,000 citizens' signatures.

"It's an idea designed to ensure the Parliament does what it is meant to do: listen to the people.

"It will be added to the work of the constitutional panel the NSW Liberals & Nationals have already pledged to examine the application of 'recall' provisions to the State's Constitution.

"After 16 years of Labor, petitions presented to Parliament have been treated with contempt.

"Where once petitions were read out before Question Time, Labor's arrogance resulted in changes where they are now merely tabled without any mention of the issue they concern.

"Parliament is meant to be the foundation of our system of government, but Labor sees it as an inconvenience where issues of concern are minimised and challenging issues shut down; as Kristina Keneally did before Christmas, shutting Parliament when challenged on her bungled electricity sell off.

"We need to restore accountability and re-empower local communities. The NSW Liberals & Nationals will inject more democracy into Parliament by giving power back to the people.

"An on-going people's Parliament should address issues that citizens believe are important, rather than those that are convenient for the government," Mr O'Farrell said.

http://www.nsw.liberal.org.au/media/k2/users/9.jpg

Barry O'Farrell

NSW Opposition Leader, Shadow Minister for Western Sydney and the State Member for Ku-ring-gai.

Peace MongyMan

Good find Ryno,

Facebook is definately a tool for the job. Easiest way to reach lots of people in various locations around NSW. And you can surf the different demographics. Tag the petition on weed related pages and on other pages too like permaculture, holistic health, free energy etc. And provide a copy of the petition so anyone can go doorknocking or stand on the street collecting signatures.

Looking forward to Medical Mary being on the agenda for you NSW people. Hopefully similar thing will forllow for Queensland.

How bout that Rick Simpson!!! You da man Ricky!!! And Australia's Tony Bower too. You da man too Tony!!!

greetnz

step lightly

i feel very sus that this --->>>"peoples parliament"<<<---

i have a vibe it is a farce for the right wing politics to counter the get up crew from the left

it is sponsored by a news paper--> the telegraphy

they own the copyright for all they receive and that means the paper can print what ever they like,. when ever they like

Murdock supplied the budget so he makes the rules

they wont be allowed to support anyting that goes against murdocks political values

the site is directed at the regular tele customers who have similar right wing values

read the membership contract before you sign up

guidance and protection

im not saying--dont dowit

they need the message too

everyone will see the light cause we all know its the right ting to do

imho

these people (of right wing politics) live of the love of money

they dont care that much about helping the poor sufferers who use medicinal cannabis

the way to touch their heart is thru their hip pockets

they want to know how much $$$$$$$ they can make from legal, taxed and regulated, cannabis industries

go for there and youve got to have a bit better than reasonable chance

forward ever

free cannabis

guidance

I really think we need to do this nationally, which would take a lot of organizing so maybe the Hemp Party would be interested in lending a hand now that they are a registered political party. A well written letter which would allow a person to sign it freely for the sake of compassion to others and not be putting their own heads on the chopping block. If this was done then many hundreds of thousands of signatures could be sought. Too many individuals try to start something on their own and get disheartened and give up. Even if it took a while it would be a solid starting block which could not be ignored.

I really think we need to do this nationally, which would take a lot of organizing so maybe the Hemp Party would be interested in lending a hand now that they are a registered political party. A well written letter which would allow a person to sign it freely for the sake of compassion to others and not be putting their own heads on the chopping block. If this was done then many hundreds of thousands of signatures could be sought. Too many individuals try to start something on their own and get disheartened and give up. Even if it took a while it would be a solid starting block which could not be ignored.

If the states adopt this it has a better chance at going ahead. The federal governmentt is pack of selfish bigots, they don't care about anything we need, it would take decades to get it passed and this needs to be sorted ASAP. Ive investigated so many ways to put forward an argument for medical Cannabis and this is the only door I can see open at the current moment, because as I said in my initial post, the plans for a trial are already there, we just need to get them off the shelf and put into action.

greetnz

I would like to get far more than 10,000 signatures and I'm currently investigating ways to achieve this,

we do this every year at mardigrass and continually at the hemp embassy

I would of course include any pro Cannabis campaigners / lobby groups,
same

we welcome and applaud your help and support

what ever we can do the help and support you we will

but what is the best way to reach out to the people on this matter?
you could have all the signatures you need by may 4th

bring your partition to the nimbin mardigrass in may.,. there will be more that 15,000 cannabis supporters there all week end

bring lotsa pens

we could make available, a free prime space for you to setup

guidance