impatient...

well i have a three day old baby sitting under a light during the night and outside in the sun during the day, about how big should it be? (im worried that its stunted hehe) nah its going fine, cant wait for it to get a little older so I can start to see the diff while she's growing!

Guest Wilderbud

Soil-grown plants are a lot slower than hydroponically grown plants. For 3 days Id expect it to be growing its single serated leaves still. If youre really impatient you can use a hydro/aeroponics system next time and watch them grow instead of think that theyre stunted. :)

If you like soil-growing the best way to root a plant in soil is by putting the seed in a cup of water until it sinks then transferring it to some warm/moist soil. I had great results using jiffy pots which you can buy from a local hardware/plant shop but I also have good results with a cup of soil/peat with good drainage.

I was lazy with my latest grow and put my seeds straight into a 6" pots and they arent as healthy as they should be. ;)

PS. I honestly think jiffy pots stay too wet unless youre using a medium which stays as moist as peat - I use peat/spagnum moss/soil, as Id forget to water just soil/vermiculture and havent set up a watering system, so its ok for me to use jiffy pots now but when I used vermiculture/perlite in a flood and drain system those jiffy pots rotted my stems. I love peat [your roots will be great if you use it] but its a moist medium so its easy to overwater - I suggest using a mulch to stop the top of the soil from drying out too fast if you try peat although I havent tried this yet as I dont grow much! Its really important to use as little peat as your roots can use and repot 2 times IMHO [2"/4"/8" with clones is what I want to try someday but Ive never been organized enough to see how good it really is - I have seen some healthy plants grown like this on the net].

Edited by Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud

That sucks elliemay. My plants arent great but they are surviving... If youve got the pot out in the open and its cold or the soil dries up a lot then that could be the reason theyve decided to wither away. :)

PS. I grew plenty of seedlings [maybe 50 or so over a few years - I was totally useless and havent improved upon it much] before I seen what a real marijuana plant looks like! That plant may becoe healthy again but itll never be totally healthy - use it to learn with still if it survives.

Edited by Wilderbud