impatient...

Guest Wilderbud

1" is a bit much but just put it so its pointing up and just under the surface [not down].

When the root points up, itll turn back down the next day and start growing the tap root longer, then when its long enough itll grow side roots and start forcing the seed and stem up as the stem grows AFAIK. Ive sat and watched seeds hatch with vermiculture/perlite and you can see all of this with bright enough lights [within 48 hours from seed crack if you have a system which grows a plant fast].

This would be good to watch if youre interested in plant growth : Private Life of Plants [amazon vhs] - I used to like watching David Attenborough.

Edited by Wilderbud

:D hi all...heres what i do to germ seeds in my mix...poke my finger in to the first knuckle,drop a seed in, cover it, walk away...seeds grow in the ground any old way,think of the native vegetation.

:P my seeds go into a damp mix any old way, up/down/sideways/stucktomyhandafteriplantedthem(?)...always get a win. why make it difficult?...

use a bit of common gardening nouse and youre there...

JAIKAI

hi ellymay

FOL was right most of those poly sheets and fiboglass sheets actuly block upto 95% uv.

your best bet and cheapest is to use clear garden plastic on the roll

it lets thru all uv great for roofs and mini green houses and its cheap

if your bf decides to go with the free stuff then yes u will have big probs later on...eg plants will tent to stretch and go spindly cause of lack of uv light..

clear plastic on the roll is avalible from most nurserys.

Now I have heard a lot of people go on about Miracle-Gro, not entirely on this site, but mainly on an american site i looked at, but can someone please tell me what is actually wrong with using Miracle-Gro, as the people at bunnings reckon this stuff works a treat. Any input would be greatly appreciated, ta :D

Hey Ellie,

Miracle gro is a great fert if you are growing in a soil mix. It's good for plants around the house that are in soil, but it doesn't have the mix of micronutrients that a plant grown in hydro needs. I used it in one of my early grows when I had 3 plants each in those green rectangle planters they sell at Bunnings. It works ok, but you need to add phosphorus in bloom, and I also saw a bit of an iron deficiency. In a hydro setup, the plant can't get all the micro nutrients from organisms in the soil, so you need a mix that is made for hydro specifically. Or you can make up your own organic teas from bat poo and shrimp meal. Yum. Smells just like Weribee. Hope that helps explain it.

You grow girl,

Vaz