ABSOLUTE DISASTER!

Just got home half hour ago from huge day at work to notice funny smell out front. Walked into my room and no power for fans or ac. Flicked the switch and saw temp from outside 50 degrees for last four hours coz lights on a seperate circuit. Opened the door of the room itself and big billow of smoke/steam poured out - shock horror. My girls have been massacred. All the top heads have their leaves completely shriveled and dead. Buds are still upright (have 3 layers of scrog) but are so so light that they feel like they are going to disintergrate when you squeeze one. Bottom nugs are still ok on the majority and leaves below still seem to be green, another few hours and im sure id have dead plants. I have run about 100 litres of ro water through them immediately and am going to run them on straight water for the rest of the night. Also sprayed them with water too - hoping they will get some of their density back. I really cant believe this has happened, I have 1 week to go. Will this dramatically reduce my yield? Is their anything else I can do to help them???? Learn from my mistake - run coling system on same circuit as lights for gods sake!

First to answer your question. Yes your yield will probably be reduced because ur buds are over dry by the sounds. Secondly dont run straight water. Your plants will absorb more water in a 1/4 strength nutrient solution, not straight water. IMO Harvest the dry buds now and prune the plants back to the next level.

The most important thing to remember is dont worry!!!! remember when your growing things (even inside) you cant control everything. Just ask farmers they will all tell you how hard it is. You feel like you have extra control growing indoors but really your just substiting some risks for others.

I have had fungus nats fuck a crop half way through and yield ended up halved. I have had plants stolen by a desparate house mate (that one was dumb on my half). I have had a female go hermy and pollinate all the other plants (cause of the fan) while i was away for just a weekend. And thats just indoors. I have had deer destroy three outdoor plots that were kilometers apart just before harvest.

Disasters are just all part of the fun. And make the smoke (or cash if thats your thing) all the sweeter when things finally go right. Do all you can to reduce risks but dont stress when things go bad.

Yeah bloke that sux bad..!

Hey...Nice lesson learn't...Coming from a newbie that's rich I know.

Need to get hold of commercial grade electrics when doing this stuff.

Fan Motors & Ballasts are FUCKING BIG KILLERS of the relay contacts in timers.

Not saying it was a timer failure.... It could have been a Fan motor short that tripped the Circuit Breaker.

But timer failure is generally the biggest Killer.

Send me a PM if ya want some more links to reliable cheap timers. (Need to know how to use wire strippers the rest I of the directions are easy from there)

Best of luck with the lower buds dude. Sux bad when equipment failure takes you out on the final straight... :)

Thanks for the advice guys,

Im absolutely gutted this morning. Gonna try feeding them on 1/4 nutes just like GIY suggested and see if the canopy shows any signs of improvement. If not, its gonna be the 2 chop method. It was not the timers Buzzo, and this freaks me out even more because I now have to locate a short in one of the appliances - can be difficult at the best of times.

Was planning on having smoke till Christmas and am concerned that the THC could have been destroyed in the disaster, you should have seen my trichomes before - they were beautiful man. Now they are a brown shrivelled mess. Im gonna try and take on your mantra GIY, but today im seriously FUCKED OFF!

I have 1 week to go. Will this dramatically reduce my yield? Is their anything else I can do to help them???? Learn from my mistake - run coling system on same circuit as lights for gods sake!

that sux

1 wk till harvest

it soundz really bad like your way past the point of no return

better if i could see some pic

but from your disctiption

harvest now

cut your losses and start again may be the best option

irey guidance