Sunday Night - Channel 7 @ 6:30pm

Well turns out this story is nothing but classic yellow journalism, i am watching it right now, they are taking just one person

who is the worst example of a Pot user, (but don't get angry at him, he's suffered enough) this topic covers nothing,

they just talk about "Supercharged dope" "Higher levels of THC" (do they even know what THC is or does?) well they don't explain anything scientiffic, it's just leaving ommissions to ensure maximum scare tactics.

oh yeah they talk about a new "potent triple strength strain" which they don't name or compare to "the dope your parents smoked in the 60's"

People start slamming, Email Channel 7 and sunday tonight on their feedback addresses and tell them the whole bloody picture.

Their trying to imply that any and all use of Cannabis is guaranteed to cause psychotic illness.

their only subject was somebody who smoked "20 cones a day" and "i tried to get smashed as much as possible everyday"

(update actually they are showing the other side of the story but we should still slam the early segment)

simply put, not many people use dope very often this dude, used it excessively, i mean did he smoke up to 20 cones a day everyday? we don't know but if he did, it's damaged your brain, even though THC causes second degree intoxication (the intoxication is a result of your bodies reaction to THC) Cannabis IS a medicine it is beneficial but like all Medicines if abused will be disastrous.

i cant beleive they actually ran that story, what a crock of shit.

just like any other drug it attracts dead shits, maybe old mate should have got off his arse and got himself a job and actually try and support his kid (which they tried to bring in briefly with little to no effect).

Maybe they should have tried the same test on 20 seperate smokers and then piled up the results and ran the story.....oh, well i guess they wouldnt have a story to run.

what a bunch of fucktards

Seriously, what did you expect?

Did you think that you'd see Chris Bath's tits? Did you think you'd see a balanced, well presented story? Did you think you'd see something that relied upon epidemiological studies? Or were you honestly shocked and amazed that some dumb-ass paraded himself before the cameras whilst some highly strung, anti-life, anti-fun, we-know-better-than-you types bathed in the vindictive attention? I'm positive the guy would have been a brain surgeon if he hadn't fallen for the evilly seductive dope which just took away his prospects one cone at a time.

As for this new, hyper-powerful marijuana that story is as old as I am. Back in the 1980s there was stuff that would take your head clean off. Currently I have a bottle of 95% pure alcohol (Spirytus Rektyfikowany; product of Poland) but I use a different glass to the one with which I drink beer. Duh!

Al.

The report isn't even worth getting upset about. As that would have to be the worst bit of acting i've ever witnessed. To dribble on like he did about memory loss, then all of a sudden recalls all the shit he supposely put his mum 'n others though. Spells it out to me how full of shit he really is. All he done was sold out to cannabis, just to stick some dollars in his and his mother's back pockets.

I'm also having a spell at the moment, just so happens to be 3 weeks now since my last puff. It's a personal choice I made myself. I didn't have to book myself into a 'clinic' or put on a big song 'n dance about it. All that was required is to clean the bong out and put it all away (bong, buds, bowl, etc..) in the cupboard. Until I choose that I may want to have a choof again. Whenever that will be, will be my decision. No different to anyone else that has a break from cannabis.

:wacko:

lol

Oh shit!,

I forgot to tune in lol ... was happily listening to some jolly good music and research surfing at the time. lol Oh Well.

Was the Hippo story good? :doh: heheheh

What was the new killer strain? .. oh wait , let me guess ... "Sku ...... nah "SuperQuatemalanInsanityBudz"? lol

They are way cool :)

Hope it wasn't that stuff peoples have been talking about where it all Frizzle Fry's in the cone and leaves a donut of gooey rubber (ew) ... Good threads onit , I reckon It's the theory of adding to weight by use of Silica and probably more dangerous substances. Oh well , let's not take that into consideration ofc :(

Whatever the case , sounds very reminiscent of the one where that young fella robbed someone with a knife and thought blaming it on the Herb might be beneficial ... superficial at least.

(you know the one) ... hardly a fair analysis ... rather a journalistic "personal trauma" story ... if not in fact just another beat up on the ever popular 'Cannabis' Madness syndrome no doubt. :wacko:

In all seriousness tho ... Cheerz :)

And Be Well.

Budman lol

P.s. Go for it Bustedpothead , I for one enjoyed reading your views. lol

And lol Al , Great stuff as always lol you nailed it!

(Careful with the sparks mate) :P

I agree we don't know much about his background or any other possible occurences that would have coincided with his Cannabis ABUSE that would have made things worse.

I know that being high and having the cops involved is a recipe of disaster, if your a college student with good grades who smokes pot, expect everything you have achieved to be taken away from you if you get busted, it's as if the law wants to destroy people who might be interpreted as positive role models of drug use "I use drugs but i use them to do better with my life it's not the focus of my life"

what makes me wonder is how he managed to use so much dope over such a long period of time and not get busted, i have to assume he did not, also these "tragic pot victim" stories allways puzzle me, why do they never do jailtime?

it's as if people who promise to say weed is bad and talk about how their experience was nothing but a disaster grants them immunity from prosecution, whereas if you are a pot activist it's jailtime for you.

Everybody i kinda jumped the gun earlier, the report is not as one sided as you think, it just.. lacks information..

on both sides.

we just have one side that says Cannabis will ruin your life and double your risk of mental illness and the more you smoke the worse it will get.

while the other side just says, Cannabis has no causal evidence to the development of mental illness and is a great medicine and can stop peoples symptoms.

i think we should pester 7 about these "potent new strains" i think we all know what the answer to this is, calling skunk and chronic new and dangerous when in fact their old, and Cannabis potency depends on how much care is applied to the cultivation of the plants, such as the fact that females that go unpollinated by the males have more THC.

what a night, anyway i am going to my friends house might be weed there :wacko:

in conclusion, Ben is another reason why weed should be legalised, he got weed from a friend who had no consideration of the consequences it would have on him, i would never offer weed to someone, if they wanted to try it i would first give them a mind achingly big crash course on the effects and possible risks.

legalisation ensures black market dies, and the people who supply Cannabis are licensed and make it their business to make sure that they don't sell to people who might have vulnerabilities, and prevent sale to people who abuse it.

Licenses to sell weed should be very hard to earn and very easy to have revoked if you fuck up.