Finally got the camera working...

Guest GrowMad

Hi there Growmad... Looking excellent there mate, keep us all updated hey?

Here's some stuff on flushing I put in my thread, I hope this helps ya...

When to start flush is a very strain and grow and smoker preference dependent thing. I prefer a slightly up high, but not so far from peak as to be underdeveloped mind... But I use the combination of the two, stigmas (red hairs or pistils is stoner speak) and trichomes to determine when to start the two week flush period. I would take what the seed pack/breeder has told you and use it as a rough guide to the flowering time. The actual maturity of the plant is an individual grow/preference thing, so you should be looking at the plant for signs it's ripe, not the packet for the seeds/clones. All grows are different, as are all plants, even within strains. That all said, I wait until about 10%of the stigmas have died and turned red, and I also try to wait until the trichomes at the base of the buds are just starting to turn milky, about 10% of total too. Anyway, once I reach that stage, I'll flush the pots, replace the nute tank with fresh, ph adjusted water and irrigate as normal after that. After about a week or so, about 50% of the trichomes should still be clear, and half milky, with the tiniest minority on the yellow/amber turn. The calyxes should be in the last stages of swelling, and there should be about a 50/50 ratio of red tipped stigmas to red stigmas. Red tips mean the flowers are at peak production, exactly what you want. You need to get as many of them at this peak stage at the same time as possible to get lots of resin... Anyway, after about another week, you should be nearing 70-90 %(strain dependent) red hairs, and there should be few clear trichomes in the microscope. Most should be milky, but there'll be a substantial population of amber ones there too, as the thc starts to degrade. This is when I pick and start to dry. Some go longer, some go sooner, and like I said before, it's pretty strain/plant/grow dependent, so take the signals from your plants themselves. They'll know when they're ready. I hope that helps you out mate, this is just my way tho, that image tom posts of the individual flowers maturity is a good guide too, maybe he'll post it here for us...

If that doesn't make sense, then just ask and I'll try and make it a little clearer... ;)

Your in the home stretch buddy, keep it up! :rolleyes: