Finally got the camera working...

Guest GrowMad

@Nimer - I'm using around 30% perlite with coir. It seems to be working pretty well.. still trying to work out the best watering schedule for the plants as the coir retains a lot of water

Try mixing the perlite into the lower half of the pot and not so much towards the top... dont know if you realised but by the end of cycle, most of the perlites worked its way to the top anyway....so inturn the base stays wet, other quick and easy fix is add a three+++ lengths of 2 inch hose thru substrate as you pot up. So they provide extra drainage below the rockwool cube then fill the hose with perlite and remove hose... acts as a gravel trap and water will flow alot easier.... gotta be careful thou of dry spots forming in the coco and locking all water out.... I can usually make 6 hours from watering 80ml or so into a 160 ml container till rewatering(20-40%wet was optimum growth rates for me)...and 8"+ never water more than once a day in comparsion to above...

i'm watering them every second day (or when medium dries out a fair bit, i measure this by the weight of the pots more than anything - a bit primitive, but seems to work). I flush them every second week which is keeping them happy so far....

This is the only way i have found to truely tell,, if you have a few overs let them go to death dry, the coco turns really red and just before total death it will leach its colour... theres no need to flush it if it aint running yellowy-red (too much part b canna coco mix gives this impression too) :P

Pic of sweet strawberry at 6-7 weeks

post-9-1056637329_thumb.jpg

Edited by stonedas

hey,

I never really got to extensively trial the strain.. due to my own fault.. somewhere along the line i muddled up and had no female but two fully flowered cuts of her.... MJOZ is now in possesion of the sweet strawberry male1&2 along with some other spc female strains... The plants themselves can be selected in vegetive growth as grapefruit and strawberry are two way way different aromas... but just be a bit more careful from them on and dont mix it up :P Ozco should still have some of these available and they actually do have a strawberrish taste.. the toke seamed really heavy/thick chest like affi but smooth still..would be great sog............................ never got any further than 6" pot thou

heres closeup of strawb

post-9-1056639810_thumb.jpg

Guest bacchus
Here's the Grapefruit x Haze's for ya Bacchus... :P

hey thanks growmad.... :P

i will keep watching your post, they are looking good so far, they are definately on my list for this year...

bacchus

Guest GrowMad

@Stonedas - cheers mate.. yeah i noticed that the perlite ended up at the top, thanks for the tip I'll definately try repotting this way in future. I actually get pretty good drainage, but have noticed that in some of the smaller pots the coir has almost solidified... Will repot these today :P

So I don't really have to flush as often as I am?? I'm really just going from the instructions on the nutrients, but I will hold off flushing as u said...

Btw, those strawberries look awesome mate...

@Bachhus - So far the gf x haze have been so easy to grow... They've basically grown themselves :P ... They're a couple of weeks behind the HK x Bronze and the c99 x WR, but they seem to be growing faster then the other strains did...

I'm looking at switching the c99's and the HK Bronzes over to 12/12 today.. They're all at 30-35cm tall.. I'm looking at a final height of around the 1 meter tall when finished flowering... Just wondering if u guys think I should veg for a little longer... The last crop I did I flowered at the 30cm mark and they didn't stretch much (only 15cm) and ended up with a lot smaller yield than I had expected..(trial and error I suppose :P )

1 meter tall?? i ssume your growing under the sun then?

as hps only good for 3 to 4 feet at the most.

:P, hey weekpik, how long do you think 4 feet is? :P

and btw, many say you can't grow a big plant inside with lights, but I think Tom can post a picture that dispells that myth :P

Guest GrowMad

I thought I'd post another pic of the grapefruit x haze.. The leaves on these are really dark green, and it actually has a slight grapefruit odour to it as well.

I switched the c99 x WR and the HK x Bronze to flower 5 days ago.. I will post some pictures as soon as some growth begins... :rolleyes:

post-9-1057019975_thumb.jpg