hothouse skunks

Not much too add, nights are getting cooler (4C) and some of the plants are feeling it... never got coloured leaves on the Sensi Skunk last autumn/winter, but the Skunk#1 is really looking the part this morning.

post-20731-1272620248_thumb.jpg

Pulled out finger and remounted the extraction fan, finally cool enough to have the hps on without running aircon overnight (woohoo) so really no excuse to leave it and it was getting a bit tight with 4 mini mothers and 10 skunk clones under 2 x 48W CFL.

Anyway, the hps is going again... the plants are loving it and the waste heat is taking the chill off the house. Picked up some Canna coco a+b and a cheaper pk 13/14 (proganics from Bunnings) yt to see if I have wasted my money on the pk but the coco was a must as my ppp mothers were not liking fish emulsion one little bit.

Apart from the lower nitrogen content in the manutec, the flowering plants didn't seem to mind the change at all... might just finish them on the manutec and finish off the ferts at the same time.

Took the camera out and took heaps of really blurry shots so I wont punish anyone by uploading dross and just leave you with this...

post-20731-1272619010_thumb.jpg

lou... now nice and stoned for winter... bring it on B)

Cheers Guys,

Gothash, thanks for the heads up... not used MFF above the recommended rates myself on anything. I may increase the strength for the last couple of skunks, seeing as they still have 5 weeks to run, but I'm a little dubious about using too much of anything on closer to harvest pair.

Thanks for the compliment Frazz... I try to keep louville as quiet as possible, just can't help bad luck sometimes.

If you are hesitant, could try at 1.5g/l see how they go, then up it from there, although im sure your already aware of this...lol most of the time i wouldnt even measure i would just estimate, usually ending up with what i would think would be way to much upwards up 3g/l and no signs of it doing any harm at all....and at $7 it doesnt really matter...lol

Last feed was at 1.2g/L and I have a little tip burn showing (1-2mm) so I wont be taking these any further in strength, they have been quite light feeders for an indica dom skunk. What strain(s) were you flowering @ 3g/L?

I'm not really concerned about the cost of the fertiliser, more worried about over feeding the plants at the end of flowering... it's a personal pet hate.

Been sifting through the possibilities for the next season. I managed to score a pack of Silver Pearl at the beginning of the season (sadly discontinued strain) but they were out of the Ark and didn't germinate, so I'm left with a choice between the other other two pearl strains... Early P. and Jamaican P.

On the other side of the cannabis family I am tossing up between Maple Leaf Indica and Hindu Kush. The idea being I end up with 3 strains, a pearl, a skunk and an unhybridised afghani... well, that's the plan as it stands now.

edit - just had a thought... it might have been an ec spike after drying out a little much rather than too strong a solution to begin with...

Edited by lou lou

Checked dates, lol out by a few weeks...

This seems to keep happening... I know I tend to round time periods up, rather than down, to give me a buffer against early harvesting... and I know things came out to the greenhouse earlier than I had anticipated... but this is silly, I'm a full month out.

I took one of the more mature skunks down today and there wasn't a white pistil on it... either I wear my glasses in the greenhouse more regularly or I learn to count properly. Considering the amount of skunk buds here, wearing glasses might be easier.

I'll leave the other from the pair for a week or two longer as I do want a a couple of oz to be purely soporific (ie put you straight to sleep stuff).

lou.

Okies, slacking off of course as we approach the end of the season.... one skunk left to harvest (no.3 came down last night) so this is the last pic post. I was going to continue through the winter but the hothouse needs some structural work for winter operation. As a result I have a glut of clones cooling their heels indoors. Bagged a few and stuck them in the fridge... it works without roots let's see if it also works with roots.

I will flower some clones in a sog arrangement, just not sure where yet... atm they'd be fighting for space amongst the veggies. Once the veggies move off to the kitchen garden I'll have more space.

The last outdoor skunk for the season.

post-20731-1273639946_thumb.jpg

post-20731-1273640306_thumb.jpgpost-20731-1273641002_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the company and support along the way. Now it's time to turn my focus to the fruit and veg, most of which still grows in soil and lacks the wide appeal of cannabis.

Chow for now,

lou. :scratchin:

ps that's dog hair on the buds, not webbing... it gets everywhere.

Thanks Brick, Grasshopper. The colours are just a shortage of nitrogen (yellow) and cold nights (maroons/blacks). Personally I prefer the flavour of cold finished buds, but the size of the harvest is much better in the earlier part of the season.

I had some really purple ones last winter, I'll see if I can dig up a pic.

Edited by lou lou