hothouse skunks

HI lou lou,

Aye lou lou u got style - a pity about the extraction/HPS, but 'shit happens.............. :wallbash:

Thanks Nitty, enough compliments for now, l.ol or I'll start thinking I'm something I'm not. I've sorted a fan, but now the hps lamp needs replacing. Atm a couple of 48W CLF from Bunnings are keeping my skunk mothers happy... and I'm still a 6 weeks away from needing replacements for flowering, so there is plenty of time for me to clone and veg under CLF/fluro.

Locally a Phillips Son-T Agro 400W will cost $85, so I'll pick one up next time I'm in Canberra.

Aye, mold spores would be on all your fridge stock - I'd look at serializing the whole fridge dumpling the kept stock of cuts and replacements asap.

Were they (mold spores) in the 'bar fridge'?

The spores had to come in with the foliage because I cut, double bag, and tag before bringing it inside. There is little chance for spores to spread once the foliage is in the fridge. Anyway, it was the last of the chilled foliage and everything has been bleached and is out in the sun for some UV (apart from the fridge). I may treat with a aerosol fungicide prior to bagging in future.

There is the mature style lou lou "a calendar"

Ahhhh, :D yeah I have learned to check and record dates and use the calendar. It helps to smooth out the workload... I still have problems with too many plants and not enough space though, the planning isn't perfect. Mind, I now know that I need to cut new skunk clones when the flowering group reach day 27, that way when one lot come down and the next lot are ready to replace them immediately. Didn't know that at the beginning of the season.

Well long post... wandered away and did the new box of clones, 10 skunk#1. Cut a little taller than usual and with side buds trimmed... looking at flowering very shortly after rooting as a winter sog.

Thanks BuggaLuggs... and to answer your question, yes, I have had all female plants from the fem seed I bought from Sensi and no problems with intersexual characteristics either.

I did find a single seed this year in a drying tray, but I did have a male living in a spare room, so I may well have carried a small amount of pollen out to the greenhouse.

Don't hold your breath for shots of big piles of buds... it's not going to happen. I'll photograph a sample, but I don't even take photos of the finished harvest in bulk, let alone stick them up on the internets.

Anyway, I spent the weekend chopping bud rot out of the outdoor sativa crop. This is the last year I will share grow with anyone. All the cunt had to do was lay some mulch, stick the hose on them once a week and tie them up if they fall over in a storm etc. i do the rest, grow the plants, dig over the bed, fertilise, and all the harvest work.

This season I couldn't get out to check on the crop as I don't have access to a vehicle and this is what greeted me...

post-20731-1271234295_thumb.jpg

A branch fell off the tree, pulling down a gerry rigged power line and landing on two plants... he didn't move the branch or even disconnect power to the line. I didn't know about the live wire until i was nearly standing on it... bless my rubber soled boots.

Well it was a huge job to get it done in a single day, but we got there in the end.

post-20731-1271234641_thumb.jpgpost-20731-1271234791_thumb.jpg

I stupidly brought some home in the car and got pulled by the cops. Nearly wet my pants but managed to get through it in one piece. I definitely wont be doing that again.

The stuff at home is going okay, PPP have been on seaweed, molasses and a little pk 13/14 for the last 2 weeks, will have the next week without the PK and then it's water only until chop... end of the monthish? I need to have a check of the dates to be sure of that.

post-20731-1271235180_thumb.jpgpost-20731-1271235717_thumb.jpg

post-20731-1271235774_thumb.jpgpost-20731-1271235843_thumb.jpg

The tablecloth behind the plants is a metre square so it should give you an indication of the plant's true size. Skunks soon, wont fit them in the upload so I'm off to make a coffee and roll a joint.

lou.

Edited by lou lou

Ok white chocolate mocha to the right, joint to the left. On with the skunks...

These 2 should be around until the beginning of June (based on 2 week transition phase and then 2 full months in flower).

post-20731-1271237201_thumb.jpgpost-20731-1271237419_thumb.jpg

While these 2 I expect will be around until half June at least, maybe a bit later, depends how much the cold slows them down. These got tied down and vegged for an extra week or so... until the extraction fan died and are noticeably larger than the others.

post-20731-1271237716_thumb.jpgpost-20731-1271237327_thumb.jpg

Lastly the small vegging group, 2 skunks at back which have already donated 5 cuttings each and 3 little PPP that survived the overfeeding without too much both. The fourth looks like crap and was relegated to compost today, as was the small clone I had in a 1.5L pot... every time I looked at it I felt annoyed about having broken the top, so I've binned that one too, don't need plants pissing me off.

post-20731-1271237995_thumb.jpg

I will probably keep the bushiest ppp clone for now and flower the other 2 once the skunk clones (currently in prop box) are ready to go.

That's about it for now... need to remount the extraction fan and get another hps lamp, as well as finish putting the clone cupboard back together... prop box is sitting under a table lamp atm and not very discreet, but mold free at least. And then there is more trimming to finish, a job I usually like, but atm I'm all trimmed out.

That's all folks,

lou.

Edited by lou lou

Yeah he is pretty piss poor at the best of times, but he does own secluded land which is why I was doing it. Well he's on his lazy, lonesome now.

The crop shot was taken at his place, not mine and he's welcome to it. I did bring home some of the better mould affected bud for bubble but forgot the bucket until the next day and had a bucket of bud soup by the time I remembered. I was supposed to stick it in the freezer :thumbsup:

Ah well, shit happens.

Checked dates, :D out by a few weeks, (unless I wanted something purely soporific). Cut them down a couple of days after the last post and already sampled some dry bud. Nice taste (even just dry), mellow body + head buzz without excess lethargy. Dry, trimmed weight was an oz a piece.

Down to the last four skunks, 2 to finish in 3 weeks, 2 a couple of weeks later. Bud is from one of the ones with 3 weeks left.

post-20731-1272198049_thumb.jpg

I've run out of nutes and am still paying off bills so they will have to finish off on what solubles I have in the cupboard. ATM the skunks are getting manutec bloom and fruit booster at 0.7g/L (1.0g/L is the general specified strength) interspersed with feeds of water seaweed/molasses. they yellowed a little, so I increased at the last feed from 0.5g/L.

Can't measure the pH due to tinting, but the plants don't show any ill signs after a couple of weeks of the new regime (bar the nitrogen loss).

post-20731-1272198112_thumb.jpg

There's a cupboard full of clones as well, 10 skunks just rooted another box of 8 + 1 ppp cut a few days back. Need to pull finger out about getting the extraction set up again to run the hps... I want 8 ready to begin flowering as soon as the greenhouse is clear of current residents (mid May) and if I stuff around much longer I'll miss the sequence and be trying to finish flowering plants in August. August is the one month of the year that the weather here is usually too poor for me to take plants outside so I try not to be flowering during that month.

I was going to have a break over the winter, but decided to do winter and spring sog runs to trial different nutrient combinations. Not like I am leaving the country this year... but Amsterdam's on the menu for winter 2011. I'll take a grow break then.

edit, forgot this one, the view I see over my coffee in the morning... sunshine on the leaves looks so pretty.

post-20731-1272203152_thumb.jpg

Edited by lou lou

hey lou lou

ive been using manutec bloom booster for my whole flowering schedule and it has shown great success, although it says 1g/l i was using it at 2g/l and my plants would just scream for more, its good stuff, but i think there estimates at 1g/l are off, your plants could handle more, if your willing..:D and its cheap as cheaps which is good too..

Cheers Guys,

Gothash, thanks for the heads up... not used MFF above the recommended rates myself on anything. I may increase the strength for the last couple of skunks, seeing as they still have 5 weeks to run, but I'm a little dubious about using too much of anything on closer to harvest pair.

Thanks for the compliment Frazz... I try to keep louville as quiet as possible, just can't help bad luck sometimes.