Pipeman's cannabutter

Guest Joemama
HI all. This is my first post on this site. I have made a few batches of pot butter and fount the best way for me is to take a big pot of boiling water and set a smaller pot inside it so the botom is submerged in the whater but it is not touching the botom pan. This is becouse the butter will scorch easaly and make a nasty tasting product if you are not carefull. in the smaller pot I melt one pound of sweet butter and add as much leaf stem or bud as will fit. then you turn the whater down to a strong simmer and let it go for about 1 ot 2 hours stiring ocasionaly.

Guest Joemama
I hink by slowing down the proses you extract more of the THC...maby if not it gives you a good reason to have every stoner you know over with a bit to throw in the salad. As for draning with a chease cloth works or a t-shirt cut up , ring it out tight and then soak the cloth with pot still in it in your favorat hard booz for a moment and squeze the extra out. it will pull any remaning THC out of the plant mater left over and makes the best hot tody you have ever had :) :P You will have a green melted butter that is finger licking good. you can do or make anything with it and the flavor is a hevenly and mildly mixes with everything from cookies to rice and beans.

hi Joemama,

yes the double boiling technique as you describe is a good method and will work well. It would also ensure no loss of butter or THC. But when boiling with water, the water will tend to dissolve some of the green taste out of the butter. but with double boiling, you eat all the green, so I imagine cannabutter made with your method has a strong green taste.

and welcome to OZ Stoners :)

Guest Joemama
You may be right. I have never tryed it the other way it dose have a definenant pot flavor to it but not a heavy flavor it is so good with the Hersheys white chocolat chunk mix. Since it is in liqued form you can replace it in any recipie that calls for oil..

trying a lil cannabutter for myself as im typing...

chopped up about 30-35 grams of 80% dry leaf, poured boiling hot water to leavel up with the leaf in a pot, brought to the boil for 2-3 mins...

let it simmer for 30 mins, rested for about 10 mins and has been on and off the hot plates every 10 mins or so....reason for this is even on minimum my stove will boil almost any size pot of water :)

anyways i have taken it off for about 30 mins now, will be putting back on stover to simmer for about 15 mins, 5 off, then 15 on again and continue this untill i get tired....

should be ok, will have a definate green taste but as i love the taste of weed i dont think i will be fussed :D + its going into an anzac cookie mixture in the morning so im hoping the cookies i make a worth while and atleast gimme a buzz :P

well that was a learning experience to say the least :rollseyes:

anyways i simmered my leaf for about 3 hrs with approx 250 grams of margarine...looked like boiled spinache, stank like crazy (filled entire house with leaf smell) and now the margarine is setting in the fridge...

it has a sorta yellow tinge, more green looking tho and the water under the margarine is a brownish kinda colour...would have taken pics but the webcam only goes so far :D

will be looking thru the thc recipes now, was pretty keen on doing the anzac cookies but something else might tickle my fancy :P

Guest Wilderbud

Im pretty sure this bit was missing from the thread...

IMPORTANT - the cannabutter is under pressure when its chilled in the fridge so use a hot knife to poke a hole in it or run around the edges with it.

Might save someone from getting soaked with cannabutter and water if they jab a spork into the butter like I did. :D

yeah its under a lil bit of pressure, i even had a lil bit shoot out at me :D

just got the butter off the top of the water and pooeee does it stink of leaf :P anyways the margarine coulda been a bad idea...turned out more of a gel than margarine :)

but with practice comes perfection and i have learned heaps from this experience...thanks pipeman for the reciepe