Pipeman's cannabutter

Used just under 2 ounces of semi dried leaf. Not bud leaf either, some leftover male leaf and some VB mothers that got the chop. here is a quick summary.

Chucked semi-dry leaf into pot. Poured jug of boiling water over, simmer for 10 minutes, pour water off. Repeated this again. This is to get rid of some of the "green" taste".

Then add water until leaves float, also add 500g butter and some Lemon essence to help with smell. I set up a fan on other side of stove to blow towards open window. To be honest I didn't think the smell was that bad.

Anyway then rapid boiled for 30 min, then simmered for about 8 hours, stirring occasionally.

post-61-1056271016_thumb.jpg

Edited by pipeman

I have this strainer thingy that sits in a pot, someone gave me as a present. Never used it, I think it may be a steamer? Anyway I put a tea towell over this and poured the mixture through, then poured about half a kettle of boiling water over the leaf, waited a while then squeezed it out. I've put the pot of green water/butter mix in the fridge for the butter to separate, so hopefully by tomorrow I'll have the butter ready to use lol

post-61-1056271410_thumb.jpg

Guest Urbanhog

Excellent Pipe, you are learning fast lol first with your grow, then you moved onto My Kitchen from your havrest.

Yeah looks like you have done alright so far, and the cannabutter pretty much looks same colour as mine, but mine is usually bit more lighter than yours.

Yeah in the morning or after work in the afternoon, you will notice that the butter has harden in the top. ;)

Since you used lemon essance in the butter, you might have find something receipes that is nice with some kind of lemon after-taste, something like blueberry muffins, or banana cake or something, because I personally don't think that chocolate and lemons mix well, but if you don't mind that, you just want the effects, and don't give a shit about the taste, my mate, be my guest and go for it :)

Since you are using pure leaf butter not bud leaves or bud butter, you might have to use slightly bit more butter than normal, but really its all about experiment, so what I meant is for first timers like you, best to start small, not the butter I meant, I meant the number of cookies or muffins or cake slices you are eating hehehe, its very easy to overdose on eating pot in some cases.

IN some cases which is pretty normal, you might not feel any effects first time, which is a good lesson that you might need to increase your dosage next time, It's happened to me, I didnt get really ripped from eating pot until the 3rd time I cooked my stoned mudcake hehe!

Goodluck with the butter and water seperation tomorrow, they can be dividied up and store in the freezer for later use.

Cheers again for postng this pipeman!

Wasted Urbie..............

hey thanks urban. Yeah I'm not too concerned about the taste, just love the long lasting effects of eating THC. ;)

I'm not going to do anything too complicated, maybe just use in one of those pre-mixed supermarket cookie or cake mixes....or could I just spread on toast with honey or jam or something?

anyway I just thought of something, instead of using a tea towell to drain the mix at the end could I just use one of my hash bags? nah I reckon thats a fucked idea, then you'd have to clean the greasy mess off your bag. lol

here are "harvesting" pics lol

after a night in the fridge butter had solidified on top. Got it off the water by breaking through the crust and lifting it up in chunks. Got about 300g finished product. Probably won't sample till weekend, I want to stay straight this week. but ya never know, my plans to stay straight often end up with getting seriously bent ;)

Edit: Ended up making a few batches of white choc chip cookies from this butter.

Once you make the canna butter its dead easy. Just substitute canna butter for normal butter in absolutely any recipe and you're away.

post-61-1056364651_thumb.jpg

Edited by pipeman

Guest Urbanhog

Thanks pipeman for the pics, I have pinned this thread because of your excellent photography. cheers again, and goodluck with the weekend ;)

Cheers, Urbie lol