extreme hypersensitivity to weed?

Alright, really not sure who to ask about this because anyone I know that smokes blows this off and says I'm just high and paranoid...or I'm not used to it.

I get EXTREMELY high, pretty much every time I smoke. One hit. HALF OF A HIT, it doesn't even matter. I smoke fairly often, every few days, sometimes every day for a few days at a time. I wouldn't call myself a pothead or anything like that, but I don't think that I'm just 'not used to it' either. Pretty much every time I smoke I end up retarded. No one else does. Everyone else seems to just end up more relaxed and chill... me on the other hand, I sit there babbling about shit that makes no sense, I get incredibly paranoid and think that everyone is wondering why I'm acting so fucked, I also often end up freezing cold, and my nose usually runs. I'm sure half of the times I've smoked I've been convinced that I was dying. I like to smoke by myself because I just am too embarassed of how I end up barely functioning, but last night I had one tiny little hit and was laying in bed twitching and freaking out and seeing shit for like 2 hours. My eyes looked like someone put some pink glasses on me and everything had a pink hue... also was laying in the dark and kept seeing shadows move and was convinced that people were breaking into my room but my headphones were just too loud for me to hear it.

I don't know, this shit doesn't really seem normal to me. No one else seems to get that fucked up?

Also, I have a tendency to laugh nonstop when I'm high. At nothing. Everyone thinks I'm nuts.

Am I allergic? Can I die? Should I stop? ugh... I want to smoke so bad but I'm afraid of freaking out again... I sort of wanted to call 911 because I thought I was going to die, but then again I might just have been really paranoid, but I also don't want to die because I'm writing something real off as paranoia... so yeah, if anyone can offer any ideas for my crazyass, please, for the love of god, do so.

Lillian

Lillian, I take it you are female and your signature is not a "non de plume" Most of the women I know that smoke or have smoked have nearly always gotten the same/similar effects as you describe. I play tennis with a female psychologist and she was a heavy smoker and she had to stop because of the paranoia, she just could not cope with it. As for babbling on about shit I still do that after about 4 decades of smoking. I reckon it is fun and funny. Try not to think about the bad shit, don't worry about what you think people are thinking about you, as if they are stoned and not on your wave length then you are probably ok and they are not. Try to keep active and learn how to enjoy the vibe of being off your face. See I have started to babble on.

Doing stuff after smoking helps take the mind off the paranoia. Get some eye drops if your red eyes are a worry to you, see babbling again, and I haven't had a smoke yet. :peace:

edit; No you wont die, you might think you will but you won't unless you are doing something that could become life threatening. Like crossing a freeway. :peace:

Just go with it and try not to think negative thoughts. I used to get stoned to the point of delirium as a teenager and it was bloody fun. I freaked out a few times but I wish I could get that stoned now :peace:

Yeah still trying to get the euphoric feeling of that first smoke. Well second for me as I threw up the first time to much Scotch before the smoke.

Try vaping - I tend to get less of the associated ill effects that I did when I smoked such as paranoia, racing heart, etc.

Not sure if it would help you rambling on about shit but whatever...go with that and know the crowd you're around probably won't comprehend or give a shit anyway.

A tip would be to rather than just sit around with these folks, if you're feeling anxious or whatever, get up and do something - hit the gym, go for a walk, do some shopping, see a movie, whatever - take your mind off it a bit and then I'd say gradually you'll become a little more at ease with it.

Hi there, i thought i'd put my two cents worth in, Some people out in the community are allergic to thousands of different medicines, which means they cant take that drug cause it makes them feel off. So maybe you r the one in a thousand who is allergic to ganja,if i were you i'd just have a break for a few months and then see if it gets any better or try a different strain .The best bet is to grow your own that way you know whats been fed too the plant.Personally i prefer organic ganja,its just more natural.....peace and i hope your problem dissipates..................spaceleaf

sounds like it could be anxiety as well, i remember years ago around the time i first started smoking i would get paranoid and stuff, was pretty much my own anxiety and depression coming out while i was baked. or maybe its the stuff ur smoking, if u can get some pure indica or an indica dominant strain you may get a different effect, cos most of my negative experiences were with strong sativas when i wasnt ready for it.