Tobacco increases THC absorbtion

I too smoke tobacco, been addicted to the shit for over 12 years now (started smoking cigarettes very, very young). Unfortunately when I started smoking weed I always had it spun with tobacco and still smoke it that way to this day. As for whether it increases the affects of THC, I've heard from some people that it does and I've heard other people say it doesn't. I've smoked weed without it before (rarely) and didn't notice any difference to when I smoked it with tobacco.

I also wouldn't recommend or encourage anyone to mix tobacco with their weed even if it does increase the affects of the THC. Nicotine is horribly addictive...I've given up alcohol in the past because of addiction, I've also given up painkillers in the past because of addiction...yeah it was very hard...but I did it and never looked back. Giving up the ciggies though? I've tried countless times and I've never been able to succeed. The best I've been able to do is cut down to about half the amount of cigs I used to smoke on a daily basis, and even that's hard.

If you're not a smoker then do NOT mix the crap with your weed, absolutely not worth it.

Ive known this since I was like 12. Had so many arguments with people who claim it's BS over the years, that it leaves me thinking a lot of people are incapable of really knowing there high.

It's not just that mixing with tobacco increases the THC content so that you have to smoke less, it also makes the high come on quicker and makes the high more intense than it could ever be from smoking it green and in my opinion takes out the planty (lawn grass taste) taste in the weed and helps bring out the nice tasting flavours that good bud has.

I think my tobbacco addiction plays into my cannabis addiction.

I would make a great test subject as Ive never smoked a cigarette in my life but go through a pack a week in spin(50/50 tobbacco cannabis mix)

I would rather not smoke then smoke green, I chase the head rush I get from my tobbacco/weed mix as its the most intense stone you can get with high quality ganja mixed in.

Cones are all about chasing that 5min tob/weed head rush for me, I love it lol No green in my bong :D .

Even if tobacco increase THC absorption by 45% its not worth touching tobacco.. we need to know "why" tobacco increase THC absorption, is it due to tobacco smoke per se, or is it due to mixing it with another substance helps it burn better or something.

This is evil research the last thing we need is more marijuana smokers mixing their weed with tobacco.

:D

High there,

I am an advocate of NOT smoking Tobacco in any form ... hypocritical it may be because I'm a smoker!.

I DON'T believe that Tobacco increases "absorbtion" rate of THC ... I highly doubt it does.

For 1 , Tobacco smoke RESTRICTS your blood flow! ... no getting around it. Cannabis does opposite.

For 2 , Tobacco smoke is proven to cause Cancer in the physical body , Cannabis does/is NOT!.

For 3 , Tobacco only helps to "Burn" the Cannabis mix as in that ... the Budz are not properly cured.

For 4 , Tobacco of the commercial kind is poisoned on purpose ... addictive chemicals are allowed.

For 5 , Tobacco mixed with Cannabis budz contradicts the purpose of the effects of Cannabis.

For 6 , Tobacco is a commercial product designed to fool idealism ... Cannabis is a tool to find it.

For 7 , ummm , don't think trhere is a number 7 dude ... sorry.

For 8 , Too many ignorants like to confuse their dependance on Cannabis as an addiction to Tobacco ...

For 9 , ... Or other drugs ... How can one ever say that it is "1" thing that is the cause of their worries? ... people who resort to such a method are worthy of extra "help" ... if you are not content in the "Now" ... how could you ever be content with "what will be"? ... fucks me...

For 10 , Oh shit , I don't remember signing up to make "10 points of view" ... I guess I should be grateful for getting upto no. 9 :D

Whatever the hell this thread is about ... I wish you all the best to all of you B)

Cheerz and Smoko! lol

Budman :D

i basically posted a study that said that by mixing marijuana and tobacco you achieve higher burning temp which means more thc is vaporized from the plant matter. This thread in no way advocates using tobacco, as you would see if you read the first post. this was merely an interesting tidbit of information that sheds light on the long standing argument that mixing your weed with baccy is somehow beneficial to the stone, and not only for increasing the volume of your smoke.

Dont get too far ahead of yourselves guys, this looks like the beginning of a moral crusade >.>

Nope! Doesnt work very well by itself, have tried it before.

Definitely works for my husband. He usually smokes a 50/50 blend of weed and baccy.

When he can't get any weed he'll sit there, in desperation almost, and smoke cone after cone of straight tobacco. Of course he isn't getting stoned or high like he does when he smokes pot, however he does get a headrush and it does provide him with the relief he's after at that moment. He's never smoked a cigarette in his life and nor will he....but he is unfortunately one of these people who "believe" they're dependent on cannabis when really, like me (his cigarette smoking wife), he's just addicted to nicotine/tobacco.

I smoke baccy bongs when I've got no weed. If I don't smoke tobacco bongs I 'need' herb and if I do smoke tobacco bongs, then I just really 'want' some herb. That's why I think a lot of people feel there physically addicted to cannabis, when actually it's pumping large amounts of nicotine into there lungs that there addicted to.

BTW, smoking really big straight tobacco bongs definitely gives you a mega head rush, probably more intense than smoking a 50/50 weed and tobacco mix, except it only works the first time you do it, then you have to go without tobacco bongs for like a day for it to work again. I remember when I was in high school and we had no weed me and mates used to have competitions to see who could pull the biggest baccy bong, gooses! lol. It can mess some people up, but it doesn't last anymore than 30 seconds though.

lol

High there,

I am an advocate of NOT smoking Tobacco in any form ... hypocritical it may be because I'm a smoker!.

I DON'T believe that Tobacco increases "absorbtion" rate of THC ... I highly doubt it does.

For 1 , Tobacco smoke RESTRICTS your blood flow! ... no getting around it. Cannabis does opposite.

For 2 , Tobacco smoke is proven to cause Cancer in the physical body , Cannabis does/is NOT!.

For 3 , Tobacco only helps to "Burn" the Cannabis mix as in that ... the Budz are not properly cured.

For 4 , Tobacco of the commercial kind is poisoned on purpose ... addictive chemicals are allowed.

For 5 , Tobacco mixed with Cannabis budz contradicts the purpose of the effects of Cannabis.

For 6 , Tobacco is a commercial product designed to fool idealism ... Cannabis is a tool to find it.

For 7 , ummm , don't think trhere is a number 7 dude ... sorry.

For 8 , Too many ignorants like to confuse their dependance on Cannabis as an addiction to Tobacco ...

For 9 , ... Or other drugs ... How can one ever say that it is "1" thing that is the cause of their worries? ... people who resort to such a method are worthy of extra "help" ... if you are not content in the "Now" ... how could you ever be content with "what will be"? ... fucks me...

For 10 , Oh shit , I don't remember signing up to make "10 points of view" ... I guess I should be grateful for getting upto no. 9 :D

Whatever the hell this thread is about ... I wish you all the best to all of you :D

Cheerz and Smoko! :D

Budman B)

You make a lot of points there dude. Only problem none of them debunk the fact that mixing your weed with tobacco gets you more stoned, you sure your not just on one of them moral crusades that crunchy was talking about?

Smoke a cone of just tobacco, i bet its the tobacco you are getting a rush from :D

Your point being?

Cannabis and tobacco have a awesome synergy, you just can't get the same type of high smoking it green as you can when you spin. It's like joints and bongs, they produce two different highs. The head rush is only 1 factor.