help, Should i prune?

Guest weekprik

Guest weekprik

These are my ak47xc99, afghani#1 and G13, and an unknown strain.

I managed to keep 1 each of my clones alive but they stressed a bit and i lost the other 1/2,

Now ive the problem that they are too bushy, maybe left in veg too long ( trying to keep em alive)

they are too bushy for my area and too many lats to scrog etc.

I have been told to cut off the lower buds and branches to let the other do better, but hey where do i cut and how do i cut??

post-17-1055291545_thumb.jpg

These are my ak47xc99, afghani#1 and G13, and an unknown strain.

I managed to keep 1 each of my clones alive but they stressed a bit and i lost the other 1/2,

Now ive the problem that they are too bushy, maybe left in veg too long ( trying to keep em alive)

they are too bushy for my area and too many lats to scrog etc.

I have been told to cut off the lower buds and branches to let the other do better, but hey where do i cut and how do i cut??

hey,

nice plants by the way,now there is no need to cut anything of thhem for a scrog! if any the more lats the betta

where is your screen and what size is it???

all you need to do is to bend them outwards to the edge of the screen.

or do you mean SOG??if so then yes they r to bushy and you will need to cut of some lats?

IMO thou i would finish theese off seeing how they r @ 2 weeks of 12/12

and start a fresh with your next lot.

And remermbering that there is a HUGE differance between SOG and SCROG? :huh:

Guest weekprik

I removed the screen as i didnt see how it was benefitting the plants, ie i dont fully understand the concepts,

I dont plan on doing sog as its too many plants to be busted with,

I think I will leave it alone and just monitor the ph and TDS,

I make the mix to 1400PPM and then add my DM max and potash to bring the mix up to 1680 flower, or 1820 veg,

I leave the PH as close as i can too 6.3,

I gotta get me an electronic ph tester as im sick of guessing the colours,

Can anyone tell me how to tell the difference between a G13 and a G13hp I dont know which is which and I want to clone the G13 and make it self seed.

Hi there weekprik, let's see...

Now, as to the trimming of the lats, from the looks of the larger plant, I'd leave it be. If you want a link to a good link on scrog, it will be at the end of this post. That should help you to understand some of the principles behind it. If it gets a little complex, then just ask about it and I'll see if I can explain for ya.

Anyway, I noticed this in your last post....

I make the mix to 1400PPM and then add my DM max and potash to bring the mix up to 1680 flower, or 1820 veg,

Do you mean that you have a lower ppm/e.c. concentration for flowering than vegging? Huh? Please explain this, as I can't get my head around it.... :huh:

And if your working in hydro, just try to get the color to come slightly orange, or pure piss yellow, this is around the 5.5-6.0 mark, and as most systems will get more alkaline over time, then it should be easy to spot. Don't bother trying too hard to get it absolutely perfect, but anywhere between that mark and you should be fine. What kind of ph droppers are you using, if you don't mind my asking? Or is it something else?

As to the g13 and g13 x hashplant, I'm not sure, maybe stonedas could help you with that one. But why bother self seeding? You'll in all likelyhood end up with hermaphroditic plants from any resulting seed, so what's the point? If you want to keep the strain, clone it. They don't lose vigor even past 20th generation. Just my humble offering. :P

Hope that helps....

oh yeah, the link I promised ya.... :o

Guest weekprik
Do you mean that you have a lower ppm/e.c. concentration for flowering than vegging? Huh? Please explain this, as I can't get my head around it.... 

yes- I have done alot of reading and asking questions and have come to the conclussion that

when i make a fresh mix i mix A+B to give me 1400ppm for flower AND also for veg,

But the final prep with my DM max and Potash added comes up too, 1680ppm flower and 1820 Veg.

I got this after talikng to hydro shops I deal with and the net.

1400ppm= 2.0 EC= 20CF,

1680=2.4ec=24cf

1820=2.6ec= 26cf

and the ideal ph is 6.3 all the time,

NOW PLEASE set me straight if you know im wrong, but so far its worked ok for me,

As for a closet whats best Scrog or sog?

With Scrog what do I physically DO to the plant, The first lats to hit it get chopped? bent (under or over) the screen?, at what stage do i pluck all leaf lats and buds off from Under the screen??

I know I can clone and keep it happening but Ive had people ask me for seeds from the G.

also if u look at the pic there is 4 plants in their, the bush is 2 the same size and then theres the G in the top right and another no name strain bottom left, You can hardly see this plant BUT it is 3 times smellier than the rest of em, is this a good sign? Are smellier plants better? its leaves are covered in resin already. Its the same as my BIG plant.

Edited by weekprik

Guest weekprik

that link is awesome,

It reakons i can cut most of my leafs in 1/2 and the plant wont even know ie it will still have the other 1/2 for it energy, Since this is so thick can I remove 1/2 of its leafs? leaving the other 1/2 on the plant at this stage, if i can it would let heaps more light in to the tips of the lower lats??????

I WONT DO IT TILL U GUYS SAYS SO. oops sorry caps.

hey wp,

Personally wouldnt cut any leaves off them just gently run your hand thru the g13 and face all leaves on their side or behind itself.. tommorrow theyre back and piss em off again...if they snap and die off they come if they yellow more than 50% cut it off otherwise its useful plant matter to overall yield... if any cloning is to be done cut the main crown off and save for further use.... I wouldnt be recommending trying to seed the G13, not unless you extensively mummed it out first to find that special one to start with... i found 1 in 20 that was sog suitable Y not T growth traits.... and 1 that was more indica dominant.... could need 6 months veg on every possible clone to find that pure indi G then clone + veg out to mum before you induce flower on either one... so its alot more work than you may think...

hey stonedas, I thought clones always produced the same plant? Are you saying that different clones from the same plant can display different traits? I suppose this would be why you always say to clone the main growth stem, as this will provide a mum most like the original plant.